2004 Toyota Tacoma

Great Truck by Dirk from Kansas City, MO on 10/27/2009. Trim: 2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Xtracab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great ground clearance. I prefer the styling and size on this model to the newer Tacoma body style. I purchased this truck new and have never had to perform any maintenance outside of standard oil changes, tires, etc.
Cons: The clock is hidden behind the steering wheel.
Overall review: Great truck
Best Buy by Wise Consumer from Massachusetts on 07/27/2004. Trim: 2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: When shopping for a compact, V6, extended cab truck this past spring, I went around and took a test drive in all the trucks in the compact class. From my experience, the Tacoma and Dodge Dakota drove and handled the best with the Ford Ranger lagging quite a bit behind in third while Nissan Titan was the worst. The Tacoma and Dakota had the largest back seat and room in the extended cab over every other compact truck. To decide between the two trucks, I got a subscription to Consumer Reports and the Tacoma rank highest by quite a bit. Reliability was important to me for I was planning to ride the truck till it dies, and the Tacoma was far superior in reliability ratings.
Cons: CONTINUED FROM PROS…I’m never planning on selling my truck, but if you want to Consumer Report has the Tacoma ranked highest in resale value in comparison to every other compact truck. In the end, I decide to get the fully loaded, V6, extended cab Tacoma and I haven’t had a problem since. CONS: My main problem with the vehicle is the toy set like interior with its large characters and choppy finish. The Tacoma is also more expensive than the Dakota, but I see it as an investment that will last longer and I’ll get more bang for my buck in the end (repairs and longevity).
Overall review: The vehicle is the best buy for a compact truck. Just a little more advice, I also test drove the 4-cylinder Tacoma which was too weak to make a large hill. So, spend the extra money to get the V6.
Good Basic Truck by SilverFox from Phoenix on 04/19/2009. Trim: 2004 Toyota Tacoma 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Build quality, small & light weight, simple to operate, easy on gas.
Cons: Few places inside to put things.. cell phone, sunglasses, food, etc.
Overall review: This is a good truck, but that's an oxymoron. I don't even like trucks. I believe they are ungainly and have uninspiring handling characteristics... plus they are basicly in the way of more civilized modes of vehicular movement. But, if you need a truck, like me, Toyota makes them good. This one had 122K on it when I bought it a few days ago. The body, interior and mechanicals are excellent. Perfect! On the other hand, if this was my only 'car' I'd probably hang myself. So, if your lookin' for a used one, keep in mind that in 05 they started making them 400 pounds heavier. I also 'like' Rangers.
keeps on ticking by jojo on 04/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Toyota Tacoma 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It just keeps on going!!!!!!
Cons: I should have added more extras when i bought it
Overall review: terrific
the best truck i ever had by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/13/2007. Trim: 2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Xtracab V6 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Overall review: i like everything in this truck