1996 Ford Taurus

The best all aroud car I've ever drove by Silver Bullet Farmington Ar. on 02/11/2003. Trim: 1996 Ford Taurus LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is a smooth ride, comfortable, relaxing ride. I would recomand it to any one who like comfort, style , and being out of the ordinary.
Cons: I can't find any performance parts for it, when it brakes be prepared to pay a little more than average.
Overall review: Great car, good style, smooth, take it on road trips with friends all the time.
OK CAR by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2008. Trim: 1996 Ford Taurus SHO, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very smooth 32 valve V8 engine. Nice styling. Distinctive small rear wing. Comfortable seating. Nice JBL stereo sound from factory. Good tracking down road. Good snow traction in winter. Cheap to buy used.
Cons: Ride slightly choppy, even for a sports sedan. Handling not very balanced, even for a front drive car--"feels very front heavy." Not as exciting and doesnt seem as quick as the two older style SHOs I had previous to this. Auto tranny slow to react on kickdown. Mechanics find SHOs difficult to work on. Kinda spendy to repair.
Overall review: This is a decent vehicle but not the vehicle Ford thought it's previous SHO costomers would "grow into." Although it serves to purpose of being a solid touring car, there are many alternatives with better suspension and chassis tuning to buy. It is a good solid interstate cruising car but make sure you have a mechanic that is familiar with SHOs
My Maroon 5 by MrsSteinfromOhio on 05/31/2007. Trim: 1996 Ford Taurus GL, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I LOVE THIS CAR it was a gift from my husbands parents who bought a 2005, its comfortable and reliable since we live in the midwest and winters can be harsh here and front wheel drive is a blessing.
Cons: slight rust problem left rear, transmission had to be replaced but it was cheaper then buying a new car. hose replaced and brakes are a little mushy. it's never left me stranded. to it's credit the car survived 9 months of being on the highway 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening.
Overall review: I love this car, I was used to small subcompacts but this is total heaven for me, the car has been in the family since 96 when it was bought new from the dealer. no major problems except the ones listed above. the transmission could have been our fault still I would purchase another Taurus in a New york minute! I love this car (I think I said that)
SHO stopper by chamberdsoul on 02/13/2005. Trim: 1996 Ford Taurus SHO, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the power and the handling.
Cons: The fact that the aftermarket completely ignored the 96-99 taurus
Overall review: I love it
Review ID: #461926 Is this review offensive?
Top Notch Freeway Car. by Minneapolis on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1996 Ford Taurus GL, Owned 8 years.
Pros: 142,500 Miles. Other than belt and tensor replacement I have only had to do regular maintence even though I may have missed 1 or 2 checkups. Taurus is the best freeway car I have ever driven. I regularly get in excess of 400mi per tank when I am on the freeway. 300 in the city. Only now @ 140,000 mi I am starting to feel some wear. Best AC I have ever seen as well. I can see my breath in mid summer. It cranks out 40 degree air. I use it all of the time.
Cons: Dash/radio design is dated. Serpentine belt went 2x and that is 1 too many. Other than that. Nothing even though I was in an accident and needed the driver door replaced the car is in great shape.
Overall review: I am looking forward into driving this car into the ground. Hopefull 2 more years and 40,000 exist. I would get the exact same one again but that is not possible.