2004 Saturn ION

"A CAREFREE, SAFE, RELIABLE RIDING CAR" by VikingPalmBeach from Palm Beach Flrorida on 05/20/2012. Trim: 2004 Saturn ION Sedan 2, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Almost never an maintenance needed on this vehicle. After 8-years it now needs replacement of the relay switches in the driver door rest. A cup of coffee was spilled some time ago and it has finally knocked out. Just got a repair/replacement estimate form PepBoys service unit for $500 or less. Other than that, the only work that's ever been done on it (other than suggested and warranty service) is to replace burnt out bulbs and tires.
Cons: They don't make them anymore.
Overall review: In my opinion, owners who do not perform their regular maintenance and/or get problems taken care of as soon as they come up, are the ones who have problems with cars. I've had 5-Saturns and not a problem with any one of them. I also have a 2007 Saturn (5-speed stick) which is another great performing.
Reliable car by Susan on 03/12/2013. Trim: 2004 Saturn ION Sedan 1, Owned 9 years.
Pros: It has good gas mileage, comfortable and reliable.
Cons: It wasn't my 'style' of car but it was most economical.
Overall review: I have had this car since 2004. It had 5,000 miles when I purchased it. 8 years later, I'm still driving it and it has 219,400 miles on it. I keep the oil changed and keep new tires on it. I've had 2 major fixes on it - sway bars and wheel bearing replaced. The only other major problem is after driving for many years, I believe the security system is messed up. There have been times when the car wouldn't start. If you wait 10 minutes, it starts right away. This happens usually when someone else drives the car and does something a little different to start it than what I do. I know it sounds crazy but I believe it to be true.
Great car... When it works right! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2004 Saturn ION Sedan 2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is very spacious for a smaller sedan.
Cons: Everything that could go wrong with this vehicle went wrong. I bought it used with 36,000 miles on it back in 2006. Shortly after getting it, I found myself taking my car into the dealership almost every other week because it would not run right. I had it for about a year and had already put almost $2000 into the car! Everything mechanical that could go wrong with it (especially the electrical stuff) has broke. I spoke with a girl who worked at the dealership, and she mention that she had an Ion, and it was a "Great car... when it worked right". Will NEVER get another one.
Overall review: Not worth the money.
Affordable Car and Great gas mileage by Pugz on 07/05/2006. Trim: 2004 Saturn ION Sedan 3, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The people at Saturn make you feel like family. This was the first car my wife and I bought together and it was a very enjoyable experience. The car looks great and you can get a lot of options at an affordable price. I drive around 100 miles a day to work and back and the car handles great, instrument gauge is surprisingly in a better place (center) and you have plenty of room up front (the back is another story). It gets great gas mileage and so far no problems to report.
Cons: The interior could use a major upgrade. We bought this car used so we really didn't have any option to interior color. Everything looks plastic with only a little bit of style. The car is a little noisy compared to others I have had. Nothing you can't live with though. The main complaint is the back set room. There really isn't any. I am a tall guy so I leave my seat as far back as it will go and only a small child could probably set behind me.
Overall review: This is a great car for the price. You know when you buy a Saturn that you are going to get great service at an affordable price. The interior style is something that needs worked on but your not buying a BMW here. This is my first Saturn and if it continues to run the way it is now then I will continue to buy them. I love this car.
Best bang gor your buck! by gianco from Indianapolis, IN on 10/04/2004. Trim: 2004 Saturn ION Red Line Quad Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 200+ horsepower at the wheel not at the crank, recaro seats, pedal placement(easy for heal and toe), much safer car than an SRT-4, rear suicide style doors, great trunk size, big front brakes, great handling, sleeper look without rear wing and acceleration(from a roll-on it can beat a lot of other more expensive supposedly faster cars) and last but not least prize I got mine after $3000 rebate and saturn customer vouchers with the only options being side surtain airbags and advance audio for only $17,775
Cons: Did not like the rear spoiler so I didn't get it (save $400), could have a higher redline,so-so fuel economy (I average 23-24 mpg) but great fuel economy I guess for the power it has.
Overall review: Great bang for your buck! from a roll-on the only thing for comparable money that can beat it is the SRT-4 but the SRT-4 cannot match the style or safety of the redline. its a sleeper without the rear wing so you can catch unexpecting rivals fairly easy. All of this for very little money.