2004 Hyundai Elantra

Still dependable 5 years later! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/20/2009. Trim: 2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I wanted to follow up on a review I had posted back in 2004 when I first bought this vehicle. There isn't much to dislike about this vehicle--I now have just shy of 100K on it (will hit it this week, I am sure) and the thing has been a tank--I bought it with 4k on it in 2004. Other than maintenance items, there is nothing that I have had to do to it. If you are a fancy pants, you won't like it--it has wind noise on the highway, I noticed that the paint is beginning to bubble up near the tires and those types of things, but honestly, I don't care about it. It drives well in the snow for a sedan and is just so darn reliable. There is storage EVERYWHERE in this car. Get this car!
Cons: When you have a car that you paid $10k for new, you aren't getting a Lexus. Keep that in mind. Mine is noisy on the highway, especially around the sunroof and like I said the paint is bubbling. But you have to ask yourself, is it important to have the car paid off and not have any major mechanical issues (knock on wood), or would you like to purchase a 30k vehicle with no guarantees it won't break down while you're still paying for it?
Overall review: Get the car. Anyone who has had problems with this vehicle either got one that was poorly maintained, or drew the short straw with this car--it happens with all cars.
Hyundai has me in their Clutches (not in a good way) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/06/2012. Trim: 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT 5-Door, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Car looks great and has been comfortable to drive.
Cons: At 53000kms the clutch started slipping and I was told by my Dealership that the entire clutch would need to be replaced at a cost of $1000.00-$1400.00. I was also told that at 53000kms was a reasonable life to get out of the clutch and it may have been my driving style that led to the failure . When I said I felt that it was a premature wear as my last car a VW Fox lasted over 247000kms with never needing a clutch repair they just said that they could not/would not help me. There has also been what I consider to be excessive brake wear.
Overall review: I would never buy Hyundai again and am currently looking to simply fix the clutch at a private grage and trade the car in for something better. I am done dealing with Hyundai as I no longer trust the reliability of these cars.
great car for the money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/13/2009. Trim: 2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned this car for over 5 years. Its odometer just turned 50,000 miles and I have had no major problems with it. Had to replace an O2 sensor at one point but it was covered under warranty. Other than that all that I have done was routine maintanance. It has kept its retail value very well. It has alot of power for a 4 cylinder, a roomy interior and a comfortable ride.
Cons: The gas mileage is not the greatest about 21 city, 25 highway. The gas pedal is touchy.
Overall review: This is a great car. If you can find a nice low mileage one you cant go wrong. Its kind of sporty but yet has enough room for the family. Overall its a quality car at a reasonable price.
Good reliable car by zirconiumgun on 04/02/2009. Trim: 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT 4-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this car brand new in March 2004. It has been outstanding so far. This car has been through a lot with me, I have put on 81,000 mi. already as I drive a lot for work. I will have it paid off in about 12 months and I plan on keeping it long after that!
Cons: The only problem I have had is recently I was burning out my driver's side head light about once a month so I had to get the plug replaced since it was getting too hot and burning out the light bulbs way too fast. Easy fix once we realized what the problem was!
Overall review: Super reliable, great commuter, decent gas mileage, comfy!
BUY THE CAR USED A SOON AS YOU CAN!!! AMAZING by steve on 07/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT 4-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: everything is amazing on this vehicle great on mpg and it is comfortableand from the side it looks like a porsche. to me at least. oh and it GREAT DRIVING AROUND THE CITY IN IT LIKE FO NEW YORK OR ST.LOUIS OR EVEN LAS VEGAS its just a great car. this car is for older people and young people to go anywhere. good for travalling back and forth form work wich i use it for. cause i spenda good amount of time in the city and on highway wich it does gesart on gass milage too.women should drive this car too its for everyone to drive actually!!
Cons: nothing really its great you have to buy this car
Overall review: amazing car if you want a car thats nice stylish and cool get it