2004 GMC Canyon

2004 GMC Canyon Prices
2004 GMC Canyon Fuel Economy
good mid size if that is all you need. by oldfartfighter from Idaho on 03/13/2009. Trim: 2004 GMC Canyon SLE Z71 w/1SF Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: it looks good, drives good and has enough power for my needs, can pull 2 horse trailer ..loaded ! good fuel milage..i like it !
Cons: I dont have any negitives, it sat out in the cold..minus 25 degrees last winter and fired up every time, never hesitated.
Overall review: the 5 cylinder has proven to be very reliable and fuel efficent, I do have one issue when in 4WD low range for some time the check engine light comes on, do not know why, but after returning to 2WD high and driving a short distance it goe off ?
Dependable as a Fire Engine! by Ben-wah from Ardmore on 01/26/2009. Trim: 2004 GMC Canyon SLE Z85 Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned this truck for 5 years and have found it to be very trouble free as long as I don't forget to turn off my XM radio (runs the battery down) otherwise it has outpulled my '01 F-150 & rides better too, and my mileage... averages 20, and for the way I drive (not as your driver's ed instructor teaches...) is Darn tootin good. My 5 cylinder GMC Canyon hits the spot.
Cons: she doesn't turn with a short radius or handle a rough set of RR tracks really well at a high speed.
Overall review: I feel this has been the best overall vehicle with the Bells & Whistles that I have had the pleasure to own, I told my next door neighbor about mine & now he has a 4 Dr colorado sittin in his drive way & he says it's a great truck!
Could use improvement. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/03/2009. Trim: 2004 GMC Canyon SL Z71 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great looking truck on the outside.
Cons: Very cheap interior. Plastic galore, worse than most GM models. Poor mileage for the performance. Slow acceleration.
Overall review: I loved the truck, but all the little things led me to sell it. I was only able to get 18 mpg at best with this truck. Overall, it was a dependable truck.
gas guzzling hog of a truck by canyon hater from saskatchewan on 10/07/2008. Trim: 2004 GMC Canyon SLE Z71 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The only thing I like about this truck is the look, but looks aren't everything :)
Cons: First of all I bought this truck brand new thinking it would be years for anything to go wrong, thats why you get new. Within a month I noticed the breaking system had a sticking problem, took it to the dealership, 4 different trips within 2 years it took to figure out. Then the electrical for the drivers door was going wierd, they had to change something in that. The locks and window weren't working right. When I drive over railway tracks at a higher speed its possible for it to go out of control, also when its raining, same issue. Just about 4 years now and the rad leaks, had to get it fixed. The gas mileage has got to be the worst I have ever experienced.
Overall review: I would never have bought this truck if I knowing what I know today thats why im trading it off. This is a gas guzzling hog. Dont ever buy a truck merely on looks. Lesson learned..
Not what I thought it would be... by Zach on 05/03/2008. Trim: 2004 GMC Canyon SL Z85 Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: 5 Cylinder, good horsepower, Price good,
Cons: After only 25000 miles (4 years of ownership) the car does not always want to start after it has been driven for a few miles. Dealer does not know what is wrong. We also had difficulties with the electric windows as well as the doors not being able to open them with the remote control.
Overall review: we bought American made, but were disappointed. My next truck will be a Toyota Tacoma