2004 Toyota Land Cruiser

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser Prices
2004 Toyota Land Cruiser Fuel Economy
The best by Lando on 07/04/2014. Trim: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Best vehicle on the road. On my 3rd TLC and every time I drive it I'm more amazed. 190,000 miles and it still far superior to anything I have ever driven.
Cons: Only gripe may be slightly inadequate heating/AC for extreme temps.
Overall review: The best.
On the fence!!!! by Fastest from Buffalo on 09/23/2010. Trim: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It is for the most part bulletproof. Comfort and safety #1 It will go just about anywhere you want it to go.
Cons: Electrical system is junk I had to replace nav and dvd at 55k in 08, out of warranty of course. Not cheap for upkeep but worth it for the most part. Starting to get a rust bubble under the back windshield, Eastcoast or not that's annoying!
Overall review: It gets about 7-8 from me and that's being a little generous. Toyota needs to do something about it's recalls because the Lexus 470 has had a recall for a steering problem, but not the LC for the identical part. Now tell me does that make any sense????
#1 SUV on Market by Ty - Ofallon, IL on 04/14/2006. Trim: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Ride, styling, driveability, comfort, audio system, navigation system and quietness.
Cons: None
Overall review: Eventhough I purchased my Land Cruiser certified pre-owned. In my opinion this is the most under appreciated SUV on the market. Toyota has it all figured out on this one and cuts no corners in providing buyers the utmost in quality and relaibility. I would suggest this vehicle to all who are in the market for a safe, capabale luxury SUV.
Toyota could charge me $150K for a L.C. and I would pay it all day long by Ron Burgundy, Orange County, CA. on 10/19/2005. Trim: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I purchased a MB cl500 2 years ago. It was in the shop every other week I owned it.. I had to find quality and dump it. I came to my senses and traded it on a Toy. L.C. I test drove the MB G-500 ($20K more)and I felt lie I was in a Mitsubishi Montero, but with good acceleration. I went to a Toyota dealership, test drove the LC and bought it in 30 mins. Every time I start the engine and drive down a raod, I feel amazingly safe in this vehicle. It is built with the utmost quality and craftmanship. Combined with the 4wd and high clearance, this truck will go anywhere. I love the navigation system, back up camera, comfortable seats, and rear windows that go down all the way. Great A/C!
Cons: There is really nothing to dislike. A minor nuisance is that it needs a stiffer suspension for those who take turns hard. I installed some v rated tires and that helped. The std. dunlops from factory r poor quality. Also, there is a governor at 110 mph that shuts down fuel to the engine. I was cruising at 109mph and the LC stuck to the road like glue.(however do not do high speeds on curvy roads) I average 12.2mpg in city and 16.4mpg on highway @ 85 mph. Also, as others have mentioned, the 05 models have poor headlamps but 06 now has xenons I hear. Another problem I had was mounting the trailer light wiring harness when installing an aftermarket hitch. Due to the large spare tire.
Overall review: I have taken the LC in 120 degree desert conditions, drove 42 miles on a slippery slope of a mountain, driven through thick sand, and drove through 12 inches of water and have never had one problem. Toyota has their act together. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned and I will never sell it. If you're looking for: 0 headaches in a truck, luxury, offroad capability, toughness, dependability, and more value than what you pay for...you need to buy the 06 Landcruiser. Buy a new one if you can afford it. They hold a great value and you will never want to sell yours. The only problem I've ever had is I got condensation in a fog lamp which was my fault anyway. I have no clue how Ford and Chevy stay in business. Why do people buy expeditions and tahoes? I know I'll never experience the major repair bills, the annoying rattles, the oil leaks, the cheap interior, and the fast depriciation of American made SUV's.
The Best by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/11/2005. Trim: 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: They don't come any better then this.
Cons: NOTHING.
Overall review: I a world of wannabe luxury 4WDs, the Landcruiser is without a doubt the best luxury 4WD.