2004 Lexus IS 300

Near Perfect Sports Sedan by ezshift5 on 01/28/2014. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Love the looks, inside and out. Love the automatic trans. Love the heated seats, leather, and overall size of car. Great daily driver. Love the engine; from the quick acceleration to worry free maintenance. I've used Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 full synthetic from purchase of ~46K miles and no issues with oil leaks, burning, power loss, smells, nothing. Car just rolled ~129K and runs like it did when I bought it. Had my mechanic do the timing belt/water pump maintenance at ~120K (over due the recommended 90K). Asked him about the spark plugs/timing belt, said plugs were like new and belt could run another few months. The pump did need replacement as it was beginning to leak. Car is a 9/10.
Cons: Only thing is lacking AWD. In snowy conditions the RWD slips frequently. With "snow mode" turned on, the car handles better. The "mode" makes it feel heavier, but found its telling the car to accelerate slower, top off at 40mph, and brakes more gently. Regardless, the "snow mode" has saved me from running off the road on several occasions. If the IS300 was equipped with AWD, snow tires, and "snow mode" it would be unstoppable in snowy conditions. Other than that, I enjoy everything. Even the gas mileage isnt bad. In town; average 19-20mpg, on the highway average 27-28mpg. For a Straight Six, over 200hp, and fairly heavy Sports Sedan it does just fine.
Overall review: Overall, the Lexus IS300 is a dependable everyday driver with the bells and whistles to entertain drivers of all ages. Looks are classic and sporty, engine maintenance is minimal, interior and leather heated seats are bonus, automatic transmission is responsive, and the vehicle is fun to drive on a summer day with sunroof pulled back and all windows down. The sound system is great, just wish the IS300 came with wheel radio controls. Considering a used IS300 with ~100K miles runs under $9K, it would be a fun and safe car for any student. With minimal maintenance and low insurance costs, it would be a perfect fit for someone learning to drive.
by what's up fool. on 06/22/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is great. I had this car for three months now and I’m really glad I got this car. I previously owned BMW 325i that car was a junk so much problems. Others that have rated this car low you guys are full of
Cons: size
Overall review: great
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a LEXUS IS 300!!!!! by ezshift5 on 12/19/2013. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've had this amazing car for just two months and love the quality of the paint, fit, solid, comfortable and quiet ride. The car is a perfect blend of sports and luxury. The sound system top-of-the line and the engine begs to be on the open road to show off its high performance sports side. And when I turn the key to start the car, the sound of the engine conveys a sense of confidence and Lexus reliability. I have had American cars and Ford is my favorite, but I think I'm now a Lexus FAN!!!!! And general maintenance doesn't seem to be too expensive like other luxury cars- so I'm told.
Cons: Back seat and trunk space- if you have children, storage compartments inside the car (my 2006 Fusion had more)- I believe Lexus solved that with the '14 models and location of the spark plugs and oil filter if you are a do-it-yourself person like me.
Overall review: An excellent, reliable, luxurious sports car that rivals all out there. It's a dream to drive every day!!!!!
Sports Sedan for the Ages by Edward R - Riverside,Ca on 12/30/2010. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Love the style of the car. The interior is very stylish. The dash is one of the best I've ever owned. Great stereo. Handles like a dream. Good acceleration. Great braking system.
Cons: I've always needed wheel alignments. Wears out Front tires like crazy. I haven't had two tires on the front last longer than a year yet and I've owned the car since 2006.
Overall review: Overall this is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned two Z cars off the showroom floor...a year old Mazda RX-7...a Fiat X-1/9 off the showroom floor. I bought her used and she is MAGNIFICENT. I'd buy it again tomorrow. The only complaint I have is the driver's seat just feels cramped. Always has. But I love the car. No doubt. 5 Stars
No Comparison by Will from NOVA on 10/25/2010. Trim: 2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my IS300. The car has a classic look that never gets old, the interior is well done, the engine is quiet, but when you stomp it lets you know it's there. Acceleration, i've beaten 2005 Mustangs. So not shabby. Faster than 325I. Handles well as long as you keep some hard sidewall tires on it. The interior is a tad small for me (6'3" 275lbs) but there is hardly a car out there that really is that size. The dash is beautiful and the stock audio system is one of the best i've heard. i managed to make a 13 hour trip in it with the premium leather seats in comfort, love those seats. Suspension will not beat you up like a 350Z will but you can still feel the road. Love the car.
Cons: Really there is not a single perfect car. Performance wise it is not really impressive. 0-60 time is really dead at 7 seconds although you can feel the car pulling you all the way up to 100 and beyond. Handling wise keep the stock kind of tires, soft sidewalled tires will make it under-steer pretty badly if you push it into turns too much. Reliability wise i have had only one problem, my O2 sensors gave out recently but that's not too big of a deal. Got it all done with for less than 200. Braking on the stock IS is not bad, but it isn't great either, however the Lexus brakes come off very easily if you would like to swap the rotors for more performance ended rotors.
Overall review: There is no comparing the IS300 to more other cars in it's class, the 325I pales in comparison on both handling and acceleration and the IS300's looks surpass almost all other Luxury Sedans. End of story? I test drove 67 cars before i chose the IS300, and i haven't looked back since.