1996 Ford Contour

1996 Ford Contour Prices
1996 Ford Contour Fuel Economy
Happy Owner by Fox Baker Levittown ,Pa on 08/28/2011. Trim: 1996 Ford Contour SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my '96 Contour as a used car from an authorized Ford Dealer in 1999 and have had tremendously good luck with it. In fact, I once stopped in to the dealer show room and told a salesman how terribly happy I was with my car just as I would if I was unhappy with it. I think I shook the guy up 'cause he called over the sales mgr.a d asked him to repeat my story....I guess that doesn't happen very often!!!
Cons: No dislikes
Overall review: I would have no qualms about buying another Contour
Contour: Nice driving car- when it moves by Duglarri Vancouver on 02/28/2011. Trim: 1996 Ford Contour GL, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Great driving car! Wonderful handling, just enough power. Really enjoyed driving it. When it moved...
Cons: Disasterous quality. Engine blew up at 30,000 k. Replaced. Transmission at 90k. Water pump at 93k. Air conditioning compressor at 130k. Again at 150k. Water pump again at 155k. Again at 180k. Four serpentine belts all told. So I got some miles out of it- but the total repair bill for this car, out of warranty, has been about 11k... every last time it was, "this is the last thing I'll do..." and then something else would go. They can't even make a replacement part that works. Contrast this with my son's 92 Honda Civic. Total non-regular-maintenance repairs on that one? Zero. ZERO! NONE! Of course, the Contour is still by far the nicer car to drive. When it moves.
Overall review: Hard to see myself ever looking at a Ford again.
green hernot by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/24/2010. Trim: 1996 Ford Contour GL, Owned 5 years.
Pros: i like the comfort and the performes of the 1996 ford contour gl.
Cons: i like everything abount the ford contour
Overall review: the ford contour is a great car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love machine by rabbit on 03/24/2010. Trim: 1996 Ford Contour LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: its a great first car
Cons: mine hasn't giving me any trouble yet
Overall review: a good first car
An honest review by Ken on 08/12/2003. Trim: 1996 Ford Contour GL, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Well I have just the base model GL, with a four cylinder and five speed, no problems there.So far I have put 114,000 miles on it.
Cons: But the car was in twice between 25,000 and 30,000 miles for new heater cores. TWICE! And I have had problems with the front discs warping, mechanics tell me its indicative of the car, as in poor design.The ac went at 55,000 miles for no apparent reason. And the interior fit and finish is iffy. And forget about hauling grown ups in this thing, it has four doors but i think its just for looks. An average person can hardly get in and out of the backseat.
Overall review: Overall it passes just enough to be basic transport. I bought the car because funds were tight, but I would not buy another one. Its a great car if you have low to no expectations. Thats my honest opinion.