2004 Lexus GS

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Common Sense Buyer by Careful Consumer on 01/29/2009. Trim: 2004 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable, affordable, reliable!
Cons: Would prefer the V-8 and I wish it had a built in navigation system.
Overall review: A really good car that handles good on the road. I have a friend who has a BMW 5 series and the car has more bells and whistles however it has been in the shop 3 times more than mine. Only problem I have ever had was a knob on the radio was sticking. Lexus serviced it in 20 minutes told me if I have another problem with it they would replace the radio no questions asked. Much rather it be a knob than a sensor, module, service engine soon light, etc.... Keep your MB, BMW, Jag, and Rover. While they are getting serviced I will drive by with my luxury Toyota! Ohhhhh and the extra change I have because it is not getting serviced I will save up to buy another Lexus. I don't need a car that makes a statement if it is not reliable!!!!! -Just my take
GS300 Great Buy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/20/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Great car and stylish ride
The Best Sports Luxury by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/20/2004. Trim: 2004 Lexus GS GS 430, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: I cannot find a problem with this car. Mercedes, Acura, Cadillac, and Nissan better back off. Also the best costumer service.
A wonderful car by Rodney from Washington on 02/13/2008. Trim: 2004 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The one thing that stands out most to me about this car is the overall styling and the beautiful outer appearence. I also love the braking system. I have never had a car that stops so fast but so smooth. The transmission is also as smooth as silk. The way it transfers from one gear to the next is almost unnoticeable. It comfortably seats 5, although 3 in the back seat are children and the quality of the interior is second to none.
Cons: It lacks a little in the preformance department, although it depends what you are expecting. For my wife it is fine. One other thing that I don't like too much is the fuel economy. We average 18 mpg for city driving, but only 20-21 for freeway driving. A little discouraging but we love it none the less. Other than those two items, I cannot think of anything else to say negatively about this car.
Overall review: Overall, we are in love with this car, and hope to continue to love it for years to come. This car does not disappoint or detrack from the Lexus name and reputation. If you are considering a nice luxury car, Lexus will fulfill your needs and then some.
Suitable replacement for your E Class by Forteatwo on 05/01/2006. Trim: 2004 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very smooth and quiet powertrain, well thought out electronic options such as AC defeat for better gas mileage, good visibility from drivers position, good gas mileage, comfortable for tall 6'4" driver and passenger, great acceleration/power with base engine.
Cons: Accelerator control is a bit touchy, wind noise is higher than my previous car, MB E320; ride is a bit bumpy, there are a few rattles during cold weather which seem to decrease as the weather warms up, gas mileage drops real fast if you drive aggressively, CD changer location in glove box is a nuisance.
Overall review: I have owned this car a year and everything still works well. I replaced my MB E320 with this car with the hope of finding something more reliable. It has all the same features, in-line six, rear-wheel drive, sunroof and reasonably roomy cockpit. So far I have been content with this car and I have much greater confidence in the reliability issues. The seats are not as comfortable as the MB and the driving experience is more sedate and is less engaging than the Mercedes, but everything works in this car after a year of ownership. My Mercedes was a little quieter at high speeds ie 80 mph and had perhaps a greater sense of stability, but all things considered, I like this car better, primarily because I have confidence it will not fall apart; and the engineering of the electronic controls does not challenge your sanity, in particular, the radio and heating controls. Well done, Lexus.
2 3 4 5 6  Next