1996 Ford Ranger

My Ranger - The Greatest Truck Ever by Mike from Missouri City TX on 08/15/2007. Trim: 1996 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Reliable, easy to maintain, looks good, and fun to drive.
Cons: The 4-cylinder is a little sluggish in hot weather.
Overall review: I just traded in my 1996 Ranger after 11 years of faithful service. The only major breakdown it ever had was the alternator, and that just happened a year ago. I loved my Ranger so much, and while I love my new F-150, I still miss "Li'l Blue" (my Ranger's name). I highly recommend a Ranger to anyone, new or used. These trucks are wonderful. It is a solid buy.
"The Gassy Hauler" by Dj from Michigan on 07/06/2007. Trim: 1996 Ford Ranger Splash Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: a four cylinder truck is perfect. good gas mileage and great for hauling. just what i need.
Cons: the acceleration is a little bit slow at first.
Overall review: quality truck. great for a teens first car.
Great Little Truck by William, Atlanta on 12/11/2003. Trim: 1996 Ford Ranger XLT Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Overall review: Good little truck
Great little truck by Lucky from Jersey on 11/28/2003. Trim: 1996 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Extremely reliable. Has over 134,000 miles with no repairs other than wear items such as brakes. I have the flare side and it helps the look of the truck.
Cons: Only standard rims available for the 2 wheel drive in 1996 were 14 inch. 15 and 16 should be available (they became available on later model years). Locking rear differential like that available for 2 wheel dirve toyota tacoma would be a great feature.
Overall review: Would recommend this vehicle whole heartedly. However, don't buy the 4 cylinder. The truck is too heavy for the 4 cyclinder. I have a 3.0 liter 6 which is adequate but I feel the size of all the engines offered should be upgraded to compete with competitor.
GREAT VEHICLE by BUBBA FROM IB. on 08/31/2003. Trim: 1996 Ford Ranger XL Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: ITS DEPENDABILTY.
Cons: NOT MUCH.
Overall review: THIS TRUCK IS THE BEST , I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT OIL CHANGES EVERY 3-4000 MILES AND ONE , RIGHT ONLY ONE MAJOR TUNE UP AND IT HAS 140,000MILES ON IT.