2004 Jeep Wrangler

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!!! by mountaingirl on 02/23/2011. Trim: 2004 Jeep Wrangler X, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This is the best vehicle I have ever owned (7 cars total owned)! Fun to drive anywhere. The soft top is easy to take down. Having a Jeep will change how you feel about driving... I use to hate to drive, now my husband and I fight over who gets to drive. v6 must have.. YELLOW IS THE BEST! I have had mine since 2004 (now it is 2011) 130,000 miles later love it as much as day one!
Cons: I guess gas mileage but I really didnt care to pay more to drive a vehicle I love as much as I do this one.. 17-22 mpg TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Overall review: Buy one, wont regret it!
Wrangler Unlimited a Good Value by James from Western NC on 05/22/2008. Trim: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Wrangler is rugged, reliable, classicly styled, has decent torque, and it's off road capability instills confidence. It is easy and inexpensive to maintain. I like that you can take off the doors and top and have the industry's only convertible SUV. I'm glad I got the Unlimited model because it has a smoother ride than the standard Wrangler, plus more cargo room behind the rear seat and more legroom in the rear as well. It has creature comforts not seen in past Wranglers such as an auto dimming rearview mirror with compass and thermometer, a CD player, a 7 speaker sound system with subwoofer, and great climate control system. Definitely get the hard top if you drive it every day.
Cons: Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage. I average about 15.4 in the city and 18.5 on the highway. Not bad considering the weight and (lack of) aerodynamics of the vehicle, but I wouldn't complain if it got 20 or so in the city! It can be a bit difficult for my 5'2" wife to get into and out of compared to other vehicles, mostly because of the high door sills. The flat windshield collects bugs on the highway. I go through a lot of washer fluid! The cruise control wants to downshift from 4th to 2nd gear if it encounters a hill, which shoots the RPMs up to around 4,500 or so and isn't necessary. I have to manually disable overdrive most of the time if I want it to shift into 3rd instead of 2nd.
Overall review: Overall I am happy with the Wrangler. I got exactly the one that I wanted. That being said, I knew what to expect from this vehicle and I live in the western NC mountains where there are plenty of places to take it off-road and sometimes our weather here makes having a 4x4 a definite advantage as well. If you just want a vehicle that can take you back and forth to work and to the store and you live in the city, then the Wrangler probably isn't for you. However, if you want a fun versatile vehicle that will last you forever and can haul and tow and get you unstuck from places that other SUVs won't dare to venture, then you may want to give it a look. For the negligible price difference, consider the Unlimited. You get more room inside and more towing capacity (3500 lbs) and better road manners as well.
I recomend this RUBICON Jeep by eltitere from Vega Baja Puerto Rico on 12/28/2009. Trim: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The power when using the 4X4 Axle Lock system
Cons: The low fuel economy
Overall review: This vehicle is very usefull when driving in very hard terrain
Huge Disappointment, and Costly Too by Bummed in Vegas on 09/19/2009. Trim: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This truck can off road. A terrific value on paper. The styling is beautiful.
Cons: Biggest money pit ever. I am forever turned off to American vehicles after this pile of junk. I've own this Wrangler for one year and it has been in the shop at least 6 times. Now I can't even smog it due to a glitch with my oxygen sensors. Bad U joints, catalytic converter crapped out at 55,000 miles, leaky oil pan, I mean you name it, and this truck has had a problem.
Overall review: It's a love hate thing. You got the patience to nurture this trucks tempermental running condition, than by all means its for you. For me however, I desperately miss driving Nissans. Now there is a die hard vehicle that will keep on truckin'!
the REAL 4x4 experience by lars on 08/09/2009. Trim: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 3 years.
Pros: wind in your face excellent turning radius just keeps going...
Cons: big tires (expensive to replace) fuel economy
Overall review: highly reccomended