2004 Chevrolet Colorado

2004 chevy Colorado I5 standard cab. Had truck 9.5 years, still like it. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/14/2014. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Colorado LS Z85 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Reliable, fairly fuel efficient, Have hauled, ton & 1/4 loads on utility trailer , scrap metal, furniture, riding Lawnmowers, quads, currently using it to deliver Pizza, and when I keep my foot out of it , I get pretty good mileage, recently replaced power steering pump at 118,000 miles. Colorado is the first new vehicle I purchased, the I5, and the truck itself, feels like it is going to Last . Powerful, fun to drive vehicle.
Cons: breaks could be better, Plastic parts replaced with Aluminum, an electric hybrid would be cool something more powerful and efficient than a chevy volt, but a reliable work horse, electric truck.
Overall review: Reliable, fairly fuel efficient, Have hauled, ton & 1/4 loads on utility trailer , scrap metal, furniture, riding Lawnmowers, quads, currently using it to deliver Pizza, and when I keep my foot out of it , I get pretty good mileage, recently replaced power steering pump at 118,000 miles. Colorado is the first new vehicle I purchased, the I5, and the truck itself, feels like it is going to Last . Powerful, fun to drive vehicle. breaks could be better, Plastic parts replaced with Aluminum, an electric hybrid would be cool something more powerful and efficient than a chevy volt, but a reliable work horse, electric truck.
This is a very good truck by Jon on 12/10/2011. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Colorado LS Z71 Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I get Looks at traffic stops people give me a thumbs up still in parking lots people tell me it is a pretty truck I have noticed the truck bed style is different on the Z71 also the ride height is taller. This truck has fender flares and chrome bed bars. It has plenty of power gets good economy as compared to last trucks a Ford ranger and a Toyota truck This colorado is the better truck. It is a few years old now but still has only 98002 miles on it
Cons: Can Not Easily change to a high end stereo because the factory stereo is integrated into both door chimes etc and the on star system installed another stereo it disabled the on star and door chimes were gone and it set a service engine light the cure remove the new stereo and reinstall the factory stereo every thing went back to normal but I can live with the am fm cd player that is installed by the factory is not really that bad
Overall review: I really like this truck and will buy another one
Great Truck by Dave from Iowa on 10/12/2011. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I purchased my colorado new in 2004 and it s been a fantastic truck. With over 100,000 miles on it now Its been nearly trouble free with a ground wire proublem being the only isue. Its gotten as much as 24mpg on the highway but averages 21 mpg. The ride and handling are very good, the I5 engine has good power, everyone that has driven my truck have commented on how nice it drives. After nearly 8 years and 100,000 miles the leather seats still look great and there are no rattles on squeaks. The paint still looks as new with no rust anywhere and I live in Iowa. The magazines have given this truck a raw deal, its truely a great vehicle .
Cons: The interior is very comfortable but is very plain looking. It could use a few more gadgits like homelink and heated mirrors.
Overall review: I would recommend this truck to anyone.
good little truck by camaron on 03/01/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Colorado LS Z85 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: is good in gas,especial when you have a cover the bed
Cons: no fender flare,to low
Overall review: i buy i new the next time
Little Brute by Bearhawk on 06/20/2013. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Colorado, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It has a brawny feel about it.
Cons: Brake and accelerator petal are close
Overall review: Great looking , great preforming