2004 Subaru Legacy

Trying to kill me by Steven from Bozeman, MT on 12/11/2011. Trim: 2004 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: AWD performs exceptionally well in the snow and ice, brakes are very good (I put Akebono Pro-ACT pads on mine and it stops on a dime). Fuel economy is decent for what it weighs and AWD, I get ~23 in the winter mixed city/highway, ~25 in the Summer, and around 30 on the interstate. Interior is pretty solid and there are no squeaks or flimsy panels. Manual transmission shifts smooth, steering is surprisingly responsive and corning is above and beyond my expectations. The engine is a bit anemic, but for a car made to be a granola grocery getter it is a good car to drive. Replacement parts are also cheapish and fairly easy to work on, though most mechanics want $70+/hour to work on it.
Cons: I can't fit all of the cons into 700 characters so I'll summarize: 00-04 Sedans do not have a split fold rear seat (only the center ~10%folds down), most of the door seals and weather strips have had to be replaced or re-glued (currently have 75k on the vehicle), door panel clips were loose and needed replaced, headlights are apparently annoying to oncoming drivers because I keep getting flashed (standard bulbs and paid to have the lights aligned properly), major problems with reliability (see Overall Review). I can't even drive to the store, class, or work without fear of something else going wrong. I have spent all the money I had saved plus maxed my credit card keeping it running.
Overall review: I purchased the vehicle in December 2009 with 47k miles on it, it is now December 2011 and I have 75k miles on the vehicle. I've done all of the maintenance (rear diff fluid, transaxle fluid, power steering flush, cooling system flush, brake fluid flush, valve adjustment, etc.) and it just keeps breaking down. The first year was OK, but this last year it has needed something every 1-3 months. Between 72,000 and 75,000 miles I have had to replace: Water pump, upper and lower radiator hoses, crossover pipe O-rings, head gaskets, several other seals in the engine, timing belt, timing belt tensioner (tensioner was leaking, TBelt replacement suggested every 100,000 miles so I did it early), I have a new cooling fan on order because the motor in mine is going out and popping fuses every 4-5 days, and the radiator is leaking and needs replaced. This car is a living nightmare and I have spent more money in the last 3,000 miles fixing it than what I could buy a nice used car for.
Best auto I have had by patricia on 03/29/2009. Trim: 2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliability
Cons: Headlights & Fog lights are not bright enough. Low & High beams.
Overall review: Have 160,000 miles on this auto. No major repairs. Easy to handle, looks nice, good for mountain driving. Headlights and fog lights could use improvement. I plan on a Subaru when I purchase again.
Subaru Rules by Joe Cool on 06/07/2007. Trim: 2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very sporty, clean lines, fun to drive. It has great handling, appealing interior, comfortable seating surfaces, nice sounding six speaker audio system.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: I enjoy driving it everyday and would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a safe inexpensive alternative to what other car companies have to offer in the all wheel drive category.
Review ID: #511996 Is this review offensive?
Comfy by shnooks on 06/23/2005. Trim: 2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfy and reliable and looks nice. I can drive through snow with no problems.
Cons: when you clean the windows with the windshield washer fluid it goes over the car instead of the windshield unless the car is moving.
Overall review: have no regrets about buying this car.
The perfect family but sporty car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/07/2005. Trim: 2004 Subaru Legacy L 35th Anniversary Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Our Subaru is getting wonderful gas mileage. Our our trip to Phoenix, AZ last year we were getting 30 or a little over almost the whole trip. It was roomy and compfortable.
Cons: Our paint seems to chips or peel easier then any of the other vehicles I have owned.
Overall review: Overall this is an awsome vehicle and I would recommend it to all of my friends.