2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Best way to fix your old truck? Buy a Dodge. by wlfmnjack from Texas on 02/07/2010. Trim: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Perfect truck for everything I do. It has great combination of effiency and power from the 287 (4.7) and automatic. I have pulled goose-neck trailers with loads wieghing as much as 17500 lbs and it has no problems stopping or going (yes i have installed the trailer brake controller). It averages about 17-21 mpg without a load. It still gets about 11-13 mpg when loaded with the bigger loads. The locking rear diff. has gotten me out of alot of trouble. Big comfortable seats and interior. Lot of truck for the money.
Cons: My only gripe is the big rotors on the brake system. They limit you on wheel options.
Overall review: It may not have the Hemi but I love my truck. It will never be for-sale.
worry free style. by Ed on 06/08/2009. Trim: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: low maintence cost. reliable. great preformance.excellent acceleration.
Cons: in town gas mileage low 12-14. Passes everthing but a gas station.
Overall review: I would definetly recomend this truck.
dodge family vehicles by michael dallastown pa 17313 on 01/18/2010. Trim: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: very good handling vehicle goes well in snow and dry roads sometimes rear of truckon wet road will kickout when you get into the gas mileageis what it is expected ouit of a truck. thereis a slight blind spot at the door pillars, but once you get used to it you dont have problems . The interior is roomy and comfortable so if you like a truck with the interior of an suv this is for you.
Cons: gas mileage could be better. , the wheels on it are painted and have blistered due to the heat generated by the disk brakes ,should be replaced with crome wheels if you dont want to do the upkeep
Overall review: very solid truck user friendly for both work and family travel. this is the 2nd dodge i have owned and wouldnt consider buying anything but! my wife just recently purchased a avenger and loves it. we are strictly a dodge family.
Dodge Trucks Rock by Rick on 08/29/2009. Trim: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I purchased the 3.7 single cab with automatic new in august, 2004. I love the truck, especially the fuel economy, which was surprising, though a lot of that has to do with how you drive too. We went from Cape Cod to Williamsburg, Va on a single tamk of fuel....true we were on fumes when we arrived, but using cruise, driving at a time when we would be out of the most heavy traffic, we averaged over 25 mpg! A very pleasant surprise! The truck handles well, has enough power, is comfortable, so much so that when we go out, if I ask my wife, the car or the truck, she always says let's take the truck. The styling is awesome too. I have had this truck for five years with nary a problem!
Cons: Just one thing...my wife is only 4'11" tall, so we had to add steps to aid her in getting in, but this would be true of the other pus too. This is the first Dodge truck I've ever owned, but it won't be the last! Dodge Trucks Rock!
Overall review: This is an awesome truck, Dodge is definitley much better than the so called experst give it credit for.
All that by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/03/2004. Trim: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: very nice