2004 Dodge Neon

Good enough small car by V3 Central Indiana on 02/28/2011. Trim: 2004 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Good amount of room for a small car. Solidly built and 118,000 miles and keeps on working.
Cons: Squeeky brakes, funky smell from the ventilation system, heavy road noise, never got better than 31 mpg! Resale value tanked!
Overall review: Good small car, all things considered. Always thought it should get better mileage than 31 mpg. Small but fixable problems that I (novice mechanic) could fix. The car keeps running though, with no major problems, I can't complain about that.
Enthusiast
better than honda civic by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/04/2012. Trim: 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4.
Pros: Lovely exhaust note, viper seats
Cons: Tob fork
Overall review: Good reliable daily
I love my Neon!!! by Corbyn Salt Lake City on 09/20/2009. Trim: 2004 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the speed. Wish that I could have gotten the SRT-4. I bought this car as a SALVAGE title from a neighbor and it still runs amazing!!!! I just crested the 60,000 mile mark and not one single problem. The corners are really fun, you get a bit of understeer and the tires make noise when turning around thirty miles an hour, but that could be my cheap brakes. I have a manual which is why I think that I haven't had any tranny problems, Dodge does seem to have sketchy automatic transmissions at times. I love the feel of the interior, although I'm used to the Intrepid SE size...
Cons: Even though the trunk is big, it's hard to get items in sometimes. The material inside is a little cheaper, but hey what are seat covers for? Mechanically, I can't think of any problems, other than I wish I had the turbo and 234 or whatever horsepower the SRT offers.
Overall review: Fast little bugger for the price. Tough and reliable, and I can't think of any mechanical problems. Little noisy on the freeway, but the awesome stock sound system takes care of that. It's zippy and excelerates fast enough for some good times. Bucket seats are awesome. You can still find a lot of affordable parts for this car as well!
Think twice by Raju on 07/21/2008. Trim: 2004 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nothing
Cons: There is nothing to like in this car. Before you buy Dodge car think twice. My car has only 60K and transmission and radiator both blown up. When I asked customer service I could not get satisfactory answer. Door is harder to close, increase speed while cruise it speed up like 3-5 mile but not like slowly.
Overall review: Not advisable to buy
Great Commuter by Nick on 02/13/2005. Trim: 2004 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is an inexspensive car that handles nice and is easy to drive.
Cons: It has some engine clanking after only 25,000 miles.
Overall review: Should buy this car if looking for an inexpensive commuter car.