2004 Ford Focus

Pleasantly surprised by Matt from Tampa Bay, Fl on 06/30/2004. Trim: 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Comfort, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Focus ZX3 is very sporty, especially the handling. It is agile and quick. Great interior styling and the controls are very logical. The seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room. Lots and lots of cargo room.
Cons: The gas mileage could probably be improved however I'm averaging about 28mpg in mixed driving. The center console could be a little better designed, it doesn't have alot of storage space, however it is a nice armrest.
Overall review: I am very impressed with this car, I thought I'd never buy another Ford again. After reading Consumer Reports and a couple of test drives I was convinced this is not the old Ford. I would recommend it to anyone, I really shopped around and it's definitely the best bang for your buck.
Great little car for the money by Marc E on 08/05/2004. Trim: 2004 Ford Focus ZX5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Peppy 130hp engine. Good gas mileage. Comfortable ride and surefooted handling. Interior is roomy and fairly comfortable even on long drives. Great turning radius, a very easy car to park and manuever. Can't beat the price, especially since Ford always offers rebates on these cars. Nice looking exterior.
Cons: Ford quality. Plasticky interior with average quality materials used throughout. Engine is noisy and unrefined when pushed hard. Steering is a heavy at low speeds. Brakes are a bit noisy (grinding sound) when applied with medium to heavy force, and stopping distances could be shorter.
Overall review: I do not own this car, but have rented 3 of them in the past 2 years for a combined 2-3 weeks of actual driving. For the money it really is a nice little car. Engine is peppy, but much too unrefined and noisy for my taste. The car rides nicely and handles extremely well. The brakes could be better though - all 3 Foci that I have driven had noisy brakes that didn't bring the car to a halt as quickly as I would have liked. Gas mileage is impressive, as you would expect. I drove the heck out of this car, always flooring it, and could never do worse than 30 mpg. Overall quality is average, which is what I expected from a Ford vehicle. All in all this car is a good value for what it costs.
Great all purpose car by Old Geezer on 09/07/2010. Trim: 2004 Ford Focus SE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Almost Maintenance Free. In six years, the only thing replaced are tires and batteries. Rattle free body, Sit up high, easy to steer, and great on the interstates. Ride is great for a compact car. and the car gets amazing gas mileage.
Cons: Car has higher than normal road noise unless you are riding on rubberized asphalt. Motor noise seems to be loud except when it is in Over drive. Would like an excuse to trade it for a new one, but its hard to give up a good car.
Overall review: Great little car and only planned on keeping it about four years. It is so economical that my wife and I used it almost exclusively rather than our large car.
The Silver Bullet! by Rosie from Highland Park on 02/25/2005. Trim: 2004 Ford Focus ZTS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration is great and it handles very well on curves and at high speeds.
Cons: The back brakes will always squeak if moisture is in the air overnight. Leg room for back passengers is very limited.
Overall review: It's fast, strong, reliable, and gas efficient. What more do you need?
Fun commuter car. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/11/2005. Trim: 2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have the 2.3 engine and automatic. Good acceleration and handling. Fun to drive, everything seems to be put together well although I only have 20,000 miles.
Cons: Poor gas mileage, the 5-speed would have been better if I could find one. My 2001 Taurus gets the same mileage as the Focus! Cheap seat material, no lighting for the back seat.
Overall review: Good commuter car for the price I paid.