2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

Best Truck Value by Dave on 05/31/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's big, safe, handles exceptionally well for a big truck,comfort
Cons: Cost
Overall review: We will buy another
chevy tough by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/26/2005. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: awesome
Cons: my wife drives it, not me
Overall review: best bang for the buck
stay away !!! serious life hazzard. by big joe on 07/11/2012. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: good truck up till now< origonal owner
Cons: the truck has 60k miles on it. The water pump went 2 years ago >the sterring shaft was replace the second year of ownership The brake lines are not stainless steel. On the crossbronx expressway the brake line split in heavy traffic , the pedal went to the floor it seems the truck was assembled with out stainless brake lines. Just spent 500 dollars on all stainless brake lines. No recall yet. the brake lines have rust that seems to eat away at the lines. Replacing the whole system ... Big money now ....
Overall review: great truck until you lose your brakes >>>>
BEST TRUCK ON THE ROAD by GNAR-GNAR Vail, CO on 08/26/2011. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: As a snowboard instructor in Vail colorado, I used this truck for some pretty intense things. 3 ft of snow, narrow mountain passes, off roading, towing, summer travel etc... I must say that this truck has handled everything that I threw at it. Ive taken it on road trips across the country and the seats are comfortable, A ton of cabin space, smooth ride. I am going to buy another avalanche when this one is done, I have 120,000 miles on it and it still drives like when I bought it brand new. Ive seen friends have problem after problem with their fords, nissans, dodges, and even toyotas. So when that happens we always find ourselves back in my Avalanche. Best truck ever built. period.
Cons: The gas mileage isnt the best, my speedometer stopped working at 85k, but it was under a recall so it was fixed at no charge.
Overall review: My overall review is that this is the best truck on the market, GM needs to make every vehicle like this one. BEST TRUCK ON THE ROAD.
BEST TRUCK AND PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE by KELLY C OLORADO on 06/29/2010. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The towing ability, I tow my horses weekly in it and it doesn't even feel like anything is back there! Great Brakes, have had my truck 6 yrs and still haven't needed to change them! Almost unstoppable in snow.. Colorado gets it share! Love the side bins built into bed, can use one of side as a cooler. And covered bed is great plus the bed is lined already with non skid material.. it comes that way!
Cons: Rear view can be tricky and the windows get very muddy/dirty from water flying off windows in bad weather.
Overall review: This truck has been awesome, i have had it 6yrs and all i have had to do is regular maint (I made sure it had all flushes done inc tranfer case/differentials/radiator and tranny when needed) and a front differential seal had a slight leak at about 48k miles. THATS IT~!. I am now at 56k and still on the same brakes and battery... and sometimes I really beat the heck out of the truck..I live on a dirt road and it is not plowed in the winter. It is waaay better than my Ford was! This is one of the best GM has built for certain.. some rattles starting to come on now but really who cares? Just turn the standard BOSE 6cd player up and you won't notice!