2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

Best Truck Value by Dave on 05/31/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's big, safe, handles exceptionally well for a big truck,comfort
Cons: Cost
Overall review: We will buy another
chevy tough by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/26/2005. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: awesome
Cons: my wife drives it, not me
Overall review: best bang for the buck
stay away !!! serious life hazzard. by big joe on 07/11/2012. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: good truck up till now< origonal owner
Cons: the truck has 60k miles on it. The water pump went 2 years ago >the sterring shaft was replace the second year of ownership The brake lines are not stainless steel. On the crossbronx expressway the brake line split in heavy traffic , the pedal went to the floor it seems the truck was assembled with out stainless brake lines. Just spent 500 dollars on all stainless brake lines. No recall yet. the brake lines have rust that seems to eat away at the lines. Replacing the whole system ... Big money now ....
Overall review: great truck until you lose your brakes >>>>
My experience with two Avalanches by Clergy on 05/31/2006. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is the most comfortable riding vehicle I've ever owned... even more quiet and luxurious than a cadillac. It is quiet and has great visiblility except to the rear when backing. The midgate allows me to put my little 8 foot boat, motor, and fishing gear in a locked weatherproof environment. I feel safe in my avalanche. I know it's expensive, but I'd match bumpers with most cars on the road anytime. There needs to be a rear view camera to watch when backing up. This is such a great vehicle that both of the vehicles in our family are Avalanches.
Cons: There needs to be a radar or back up camera standard or as an aftermarket add-on. Other than that, there's nothing to dislike. We've had one Avalanche for 3 years and the other for 2 years, so we've had plenty of experience with them.
Overall review: Comfort - excellent Reliability - excellent Safety - even tho I've never wrecked one, I feel very safe in my Avalanche.
Awesome convert a truck by Fishonboy on 01/28/2006. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great layout. Lots of room. Great Ride. Auto 4 wheel drive works well. Great tow vehicle
Cons: Fuel ecomomy not the greatest...but it is a 4 wheel drive truck.
Overall review: Would definitely buy another one. Much better looking than the Honda Ridgeline