2004 Ford Taurus

2004 Taurus SES by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/27/2009. Trim: 2004 Ford Taurus SES, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very reliable car that is great for the money. Safe. No troubles to speak of since the car was purchased.
Cons: none.
Overall review: a safe smart choice.
the best car we ever owend by Joe and Juanita on 02/22/2009. Trim: 2004 Ford Taurus SES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: the milage 34 on highway plenty of room love the trunk
Cons: the doors freeze shut
Overall review: over all we love this very trouble free have 90.000 on it.
Think twice... by Hot in Cincinnati on 06/03/2009. Trim: 2004 Ford Taurus SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I think the car is comfortable and rides well. There is plenty of room in the trunk. The sound system is nice.
Cons: The paint is chipping off the front bumper. It gets horrible gas mileage - currently getting 17-18 city and 22-23 mpg highway. Not quite to 75,000 miles and the A/C has gone out. We were told it would cost almost $1,000. to repair. Looks like we've got a long, hot summer ahead of us!
Overall review: Wish we would have looked around more before we chose this car. We bought it used and so far we're only moderately pleased.
FLEE! RUN AWAY!!! by One Who Cares in Wisconsin on 12/12/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Taurus SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The vehicle is very comfortable, and it travels very well.
Cons: The constant, costly repairs. I have visited my mechanic on average once every 4-6 months since purchase-- and that is in addition to oil changes. In three instances, the car has needed to be towed to the mechanic rather than being able to make it there on its own terms.
Overall review: I bought my 2004 Taurus used in May 2005. Since then, I have had to have the computer replaced that controls the dashboard (and THAT new computer has failed two more times), the fuel pump replaced, the passenger side mirror put back on, and today, this four-year-old car may now need to have its transmission replaced after it simply died in 40 mph traffic. I haven't bothered to have the computer replaced that causes the trunk to fly open periodically while you drive the Interstate. I have less than 60,000 miles on the car. Please... avoid this car like the Plague. Even my mechanics feel pity for me.
The reliable car by Oasis on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Taurus SES, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It handles well and is comfortable. It is also reliable as I have many numerous trips between LA and SF and it has always gotten me there. I bought it used in 2005 with 31K miles on it and I now have 73K.
Cons: Transmission had major problems at about 50K miles. Ford repair under extended warranty. No other major problems.
Overall review: This is a reliable car. I have owned many Fords and find this one the most comfortable. It is also roomy. I would recommend, especially for a family car.