2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

GM got it right by Clint on 08/05/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I get great gas mileage. I can get up 20 mpg on flat roads; while getting 17-18 on hills. Very comfortable to drive for extended periods of time (3hrs +). Nice styling both inside and out. For the most part it has had few mechanical problems.
Cons: About 2 years ago I had to replace the front ABS modules. The front differential needed to have a seal replaced. There was also a wiring problem. Most of these items were covered by the extened warranty.
Overall review: Considering the few mechanical problems, in general, I do not regret purchasing one.
The ultimate 04 1500 by BoneCollecter from Oklahoma on 03/14/2011. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything!!! If Texas wants a truck it's right here!!!!! There isn't a single thing i would change.
Cons: Not a 4X4
Overall review: I would recomend this truck to anyone who has a family to take care of, a Farm/Rach, or anyone that pulls trailers often.
The Best Truck Going by Jeff, Dayton, Washington on 08/23/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is the best built, most comfortable truck that I have ever owned. Lots of power to pull my 21 foot jetboat. Cannot say enough.
Cons: The bed is too short for me. I have a bed extender that swings over the tailgate to make it an 8 foot bed.
Overall review: I would buy another Chevrolet in a minute. I have been a Ford man most of my life with a short stint of Dodge thrown in. This beats everything I have ever owned, or test driven.
Great Truck by Cool Hand Roy on 02/14/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks Great, Very comfortable, Gas Mileage is good, not great. Zero problems so far.
Cons: Nothin yet...
Overall review: Great Truck!
Chevy - Like a Rock by Randy on 06/30/2008. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the power of this truck, awesome for a 4.8 liter. Also the all wheel disc brakes are great for stopping on a dime. Also the front seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in, and my family has had a few mercedes and cadillacs to compare to, so that is a huge plus.
Cons: none
Overall review: This truck has great power, great handling, very comfortable to ride in. This is the best truck on the market hands-down.