1996 Ford Club Wagon

1996 Ford Club Wagon Prices
1996 Ford Club Wagon Fuel Economy
'96 Club Wagon Chateau by Brian, Keller TX on 12/26/2004. Trim: 1996 Ford Club Wagon Chateau, Owned 8 years.
Pros: 5.8L engine moves this van along very well. Have used to tow and nothing holds this van back. Has been very reliable (my only real problems have been with the dealer, not the van). I have 3 kids and a dog, and the cargo space easily accomodates all our stuff. Back seat folds down into a bed. My van has been parked outside and I'm amazed at how well the paint has held up.
Cons: I'm 6'3" and driving long distances can be uncomfortable because of the engine encroaching on the gas pedal.
Overall review: I'll buy another one!
5.8L E-350 Club Wagon... never ran out of room for another passenger. by Mr. P. on 04/25/2013. Trim: 1996 Ford Club Wagon XLT Super, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The power!!! That 5.8L (last of the 351's) growled like grizzly! I owned her for 8 trouble free years... just brakes, tires and oil changes. My kids are grown but still talk about this van. What a monster! It swallowed everything whole and still had room for more.
Cons: Gas mileage wasn't good. Not safe for an inexperienced driver.
Overall review: Super reliable, never a major issue in 8 years. I loved the quality! Can you say "road trip!!!!"?
VAN by Dave on 12/19/2002. Trim: 1996 Ford Club Wagon XL, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very roomy
Cons: Poor steering configuration, poor layout of seating
Overall review: Adequate
Review ID: #332024 Is this review offensive?
full sized 7 passenger van by Becky on 11/21/2002. Trim: 1996 Ford Club Wagon Chateau, Owned 4 years.
Pros: great vehicle for traveling with teens and friends not much maintenance/problems pulled a boat very well
Cons: driving in the wind is tricky - it is BIG
Overall review: loved having the space when traveling seat folds down into a large bed which was used for extra sleeping space sometimes
great family hauler by Chris on 07/22/2002. Trim: 1996 Ford Club Wagon XLT Super, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It moves well (acceleration) with the 5.8L. Looks nice and the paint is holding up well. Fabric of the seats is showing very little signs of wear, considering I have six kids, and their friends riding around in it.
Cons: Unconfortable driving position for me. I am 6'1" and the engine cover hurts my right leg. The seat should be able to go further back. Also, this one came without armrests, they should be standard on a vehicle that throughs you back and forth so much.
Overall review: I have had two other big vans, both were Dodge. The Dodge was more confortable for the driver. I like the power of the motor. Cruise controls are easy to work with. Build quality is high. Best van I have had to date. very reliable