2004 Ford Ranger

the light bulbs burnt out by jdpissant just north of tijuana mex USA on 06/18/2011. Trim: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge Deluxe SuperCab 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: i like the styling and handling
Cons: i have been buying fords for 50 years and i am ashamed to call this engine a ford . if it were just me i'd say i got a lemon . but i've been checking with independent garages and have now concluded that the 3 liter engines a one of the worst engines out there as far as materials design and reliability. . i've also owned other ford model thunderbirds mustang etc . in fact i still have my 67 fastback mustang . truck running . the one common problem these engines have is burning valves. i have 129000 miles on my ranger and i just had my second valve job. the first one was needed at 90000. just one shop alone i surveyed had 5 rangers that all needed the same thing VALVE JOBS.
Overall review: if this is any indication of what the ranger is going to be then find me a toyota dealer. sorry ford i didn't jump ship you did
great little truck by Hawknick on 04/02/2012. Trim: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: My ranger has been very reliable, and the ride is smooth.
Cons: none yet
Overall review: I like it.
Enthusiast
The Best Car on Earth. Period. by Ford Ranger and Mazda 2 Fan on 06/17/2012. Trim: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge SuperCab 2WD - 471A.
Pros: It looks spectacular, the engine is superb in all aspects, the interior is well finished, the seats are comfortable and have excellent support, the gearbox is smooth, it sounds AMAZING at full throttle, the engine is also Ford Tough, it gets around 28 mpg city with around 35 mpg highway around 75 mph, the radio and sound is excellent, the bed is roomy and doesn't scratch easily, the rear sliding window works as if it were new, it is superbly equipped, the car has 152,000 miles and it runs like new and has only needed 1 big repair, the gearbox because it drove 140,000 miles on the original, it will run 0-60 in 8.3 seconds, and it is to me the best car on earth, bar none.
Cons: There are absolutely none.
Overall review: This car since it was driven out of the dealership with 0 miles on the odometer has been part of my family and I will cherish it until the day I die. If I had to be honest, I am asked what the best car in the world is by many friends frequently. Normally, someone would say the Bugatti Veyron Supersport or the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, but my answer has always been: The 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 Spd Manual. Period.
Strong Truck by Nick from R.I. on 03/13/2009. Trim: 2004 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD - 495A, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this truck in May 04. It has about 129,000 miles on it. I drive 86 miles round trip to work, 5 days a week. It has never been in a shop except for oil changes, tires and brakes. My third and favorite Ranger I have owned.
Cons: gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: I love my Truck!
great little truck by Dennis on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD - 493A, Owned 4 years.
Pros: quiet operation, performance and toughness.
Cons: running boards could be a little wider
Overall review: excellent