2004 Chevrolet Impala

Maks chevy guy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/25/2012. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I own 2004 chevy impala ls 3.8 v6 200 hp. I love this car. This is the best car i owned so far. I bought it it with 78 thousand miles. It a great car. I would recomend this car.
Cons: gReat car
Overall review: The best car for the money
Great Sedan by Hylander7017 on 02/10/2012. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: For a V6 this car has very good power, 200hp @5200RPM. Also with it being a bigger sedan it makes working on the car very easy and with regular care and maintence this car will last you a long time as has mine. 100k on the motor and its still going strong.
Cons: I think Chevy hit a homerun with this Impala, the price is right and it is a reliable car.
Overall review: Overall I give this car a 9/10. Best car I have owned and worked on. Motor is great and almost everything is reachable, sometimes you have to make a 1/4 of an inch like when changing the water pump, but I only have minor complaints for this car. If your considering this car and it has been well maintained you wont regret your purchase.
Went Downhill After 4 Years by MikeSt.Louis on 01/01/2011. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Easy to drive, handles great with just enough but not too much power.
Cons: Quality it is not. GM has made engines and transmissions for nearly 100 years and they still didn't get it right with my engine. Intake manifold gaskets (very common problem), and head gasket failure. $2000 gone at 90,000 miles. Transmission was regularly serviced but still slams and kicks into gear at 98,000 miles. Front floor board fills with 2 inches of water after raining, dealer "has no idea why" mold and heater motor failure followed. Found that all are "common" problems.
Overall review: GM was screamng that "Quality was back at GM" when this car was made in 2004, that's why I bought it. I learned my lesson again, DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BUY. I'll never own another!
Good car by bill on 11/23/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: bigger car with good MPG
Cons: front wheel slippage, had to replace dash gauges - never had to do that before
Overall review: I'm a large guy and I like bigger cars. Larger than the Tauraus and the Sable that I previously owned.
Great Bang for the Buck by pfiest from Ohio on 09/17/2007. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage, smooth ride, easy to use controls. Essentially maintence free. Large trunk--I can fit 6 sets of golf clubs.
Cons: Brakes seems to wear quickly.
Overall review: I've had this Impala for nearly 3 yrs. I bought it new and it currently has 49,332 miles. The only thing I've had to do was change the rear brakes @ 32,000 and the front brakes @ 48,000 miles. It seems unusual that the rear went first, but that's really the only issue I've had since owning it. I will probably need to change the tires in the next 10000 miles (which would be @ 60,000 miles), but what more could you ask for from factory tires. The back seat is a little uncomfortable for extended trips, but overall the car is bigger than it seems on the inside and still handles nicely. At the price (I paid about $15000 new with GM discount and rebates), it was the best vehicle for the money. I would put it up against any other mid-size sedan. The gas mileage has been truly surprising for a vehicle this big and good get up and go. I consistently average around 26 miles to the gallon during normal driving, but have gotten 32 m/g on highway trips.