2004 GMC Yukon XL

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Best Purchase by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/26/2006. Trim: 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great vehicle all the way around, I purchased a used one, and its great.
Cons: The seat belts in my Yukon frequetly squeek, but the vehicle is exactly what a large family needs.
Overall review: GREAT VEHICLE
Best Value in Full Size SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/17/2004. Trim: 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Best bang for buck in large luxury SUV segment.
Cons: Engine noise a little loud...but had to searech for a complaint
Overall review: A Denali or Escalade for $7k - $15K less. Tough to beat.
Ultimate Family Vehicle by Bobg on 05/12/2004. Trim: 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great family vehicle. Big as a truck, but drives like a sports car.
Overall review: Very happy with the 2004 Yukon XL
Great family camping vehicle by billsitz on 11/05/2013. Trim: 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: We have 240,000 miles on our 2004. We towed a 5200 lb trailer plus accessories up an down windy mountain roads for 7 years. Aside from going through a lot of brake pads we've had very few problems. 1 water pump and 1 wheel bearing are the only significant repairs so far. Still on the original transmission. We do change lubricants and fluids significantly more often then recommended due to the abuse we given it. Especially the transfer case, differentials and transmission.
Cons: I have back problems, and have never been happy with the comfort of the seats. A few little things like the speedometer not working properly sometimes. A restart usually fixes that, though.
Overall review: Our Yukon has been a great family vehicle. We have taken it places most people wouldn't ever think about going, and it has never failed.
Cadallac Comfort on a 4WD, ultra stable, frame. by rockman20 on 12/15/2010. Trim: 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Roomy. Still wish it was bigger though. Throw the HUGE dog kennel in the back and we are out of room. Roof rack allows the added cargo carrier to be mounted and our family of 5 humans and one german shephard/rotweiler mix ride in comfort. Stabilitrak makes the SUV stick to slick roads. Quiet, smooth, amazing, ride. Engine is sufficient for the vehicle, but would want something like the Denali (6.0L Engine) if I was towing big. I bought this used and have had it for 3 years now. I had a fuel tank crack and a wheel bearing go out. Otherwise I have put 30,000 miles on and the Yukon is almost at 100,000 now. Most reliable vehicle I have owned.
Cons: Wish I could do straight 4WD. If I turn Stabilitrak off, the truck still senses wheel slipping and applies the brakes to try to plant traction to the other tires. This is nice, but makes for some harsh sounds if you are off road, in snow up to the bumpers, and trying to get up a hill. Wish I could also go straight 2WD to try to save some fuel economy. Right now I get 12.8 in town and 18 max on the highway.
Overall review: Love it. If I can afford it the next go around, I will pick the Yukon XL again. But by then we should be one less child so a Duramax pickup may be in the future.
2 3 4 5 6  Next