2004 Cadillac SRX

The Greatest Vehicle of the Year by Styling in comfort From OKC on 12/15/2004. Trim: 2004 Cadillac SRX V8, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Cons: I like everything
Overall review: Please buy a SRX
Do not buy from Taylor Cadillac/Toledo,Ohio. by Kaptor on 04/20/2010. Trim: 2004 Cadillac SRX V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The sunroof is a fun feature if you can get by the squeeks.
Cons: This car has been in the shop an average of once every other month for the last 3 years.The rear brake light has leaked water into the back causing the floor to rust and GM says they won't cover the rust.The rear differential has been replaced 2 times,the rear gaskets have leaked and been replaced.The drive shaft has had to be replaced all before 45,000 miles.The wheel wells have started to rust through,GM is refusing to honor the paint warranty.The engine burns oil and between oil changes uses an average of 2.5 quarts.GM refuses to address this which is covered under an extended warranty.
Overall review: Do not EVER buy this car without researching your particular choice.I would not recommend anyone to buy this car unless you have another as a back up.The look of the car is great, but that is where it ends.GM does not honor warranties and when they do, it takes months of arguing back and forth, reminds me of health insurance companies trying to discourage one to quit and go away.The service atTaylor Cadillac is horrible ,the mechanics have little knowledge, they pried the brake light off and left grooves in the metal of the car and chipped off paint and refused to fix afterwards. GM does not work with you regarding problems and I don't know if it is with all cars or just this model. The mechanic backed my car into another car denting and scratching my car, the manager Pete said it was a courtesy to fix it and he didn't have to fix or even tell me they did it.GM has somehow certified this dealer to sell. Wow.Boo to GM.The pearl paint does not match on each door it is a different shade.
Bought a used 2004 SRX...Ultraview makes Creaking noises..... by mlaport22 on 05/01/2008. Trim: 2004 Cadillac SRX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this vehicle. It handles well, love the DVD system in the rear. Has luxurious feel to it.
Cons: I just bought my previously-owned SRX at the end of March and from Day 1, I heard noises /creaks from the sunroof (ultraview) whenever I went over a bump. It sounded like the sunroof was going to come crashing in. It's been a little difficult dealing with the dealership I bought it from because supposedly it's not covered under warranty. I just don't like that they sold it to me like that and expect me to cover the expense to fix it. After all was said and done, they are taking care of it and I am not paying a dime. But it's still been a big pain to deal with.
Overall review: I enjoy the ride, comfort and bells & whistles. I am now just a little nervous after reading everyone elses cons about this vehicle made from 04-07. I'm also feeling unsettled after reading the warnings not to purchase this vehicle used "a little too late." I guess I will just hope for the best and cross my fingers.
SRX by Barb on 10/12/2003. Trim: 2004 Cadillac SRX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful ride!!!
Cons: Not a good vehicle to put car seats in. I thought I'd have enough room for two older children and a toddler. It's a very tight fit for a car seat. The car seat doesn't fit snug on the second row. I don't feel safe putting it int he third. Also DVD is in an awkward place.
Overall review: We are very happy with the look of the car and especially the comfort an overall ride. Just a little disappointed with the inability to properly install a toddler car seat. When my older boys sit in the back it's difficult to see the DVD.
Nice SUV....so far. by Brian Rochester, NY on 02/24/2014. Trim: 2004 Cadillac SRX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is our first Caddy/luxery vehicle. I bought it used a few months ago. The body and undercarriage are in very good condition for a 10-yr old vehicle in the snow-belt of NY (72,000miles). The ride and handling is excellent. All wheel drive/traction control performs great in snow. Handles curves well. The sound system is terrific. The third row seating is a nice feature, but I wouldn't recommend it for adults or kids any older than 10. The progragramable "memory settings" for the seat position and radio stations is a nice feature. The heated seats are great up north, and the car also warms up quickly.
Cons: Very little cargo space behind the the third row, but that's a trade-off I was willing to accept when I traded in our mini-van. The acelleration for the V-6 is adaquate, but a little disapointing. The gas pedal and brakes have a mushy feel compared to most other vehicles I've driven. Visibility out the rear window is terrible, but the back-up sensor helps. I'm 5'8" tall and I can't seem to get the drivers seat high enough for me to see well and feel totally comfortable. I'm concerned about the quality after reading other reviews. The repair history report is fairly long, and I've already had to replace a wheel bearing and fuel door.
Overall review: We love this vehicle so far for our family of five, we just hope it's reliable for at least 3-4 more years.
Review ID: #581963 Is this review offensive?