2004 Mercury Sable

Rockin Down the Highway! by hikingfoole_85 on 07/05/2010. Trim: 2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks, the spoiler, spoked wheels and metalflake silver paintjob make this car look hot! The 'Mach'soundsystem w/6 disc CD changer ROCKS! Best sounding factory installed system I've ever heard. I feel like a teenager in this car! Gas milage on state hways is excellent 30-32mpg. On Interstate with windows and sunroof closed and AC on 27.5mpg. With sunroof open and rear windows down and AC off 28-29 mpg. Peppy acceration with the 24valve V6 201 hp engine. Handles great in curves. We bought used w/21,000 miles on it in 2007 for 11,000 out the door. We've now got 96,000 + with only standard maint.
Cons: Rear seat is only comfortable for 2 tall people. If your over 6'2" forget it, you have to lean (in the rear seat). City mpg is poor.
Overall review: Fun to drive, reliable, good mpg for a car of this size. meant to be driven on the hway and for long 'tours'. Front leather seats are comfortable and the back seat is great for 3 kids, or smaller adults. Combined city and hway is about 26.8 mpg.
Awesome! by Kelly from Illinois on 08/06/2008. Trim: 2004 Mercury Sable GS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything!
Cons: It seems a little big.
Overall review: I recently purchased this car used with around 112k miles. I absolutley LOVE it! For having so many miles it still runs like a dream. It has very good quality for a car of this price range. If you're looking for a midsize sedan without draining your funds, this is your car!
JWOBILE by POCOBILL on 07/07/2006. Trim: 2004 Mercury Sable GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Has plenty of room for 5 adults to ride comfortably - even 6 can ride with a smaller person up front in the middle. I like the cruise control for longer trips.
Cons: Gas milage could be better around town. Front seats seem a little low for us (ages 82 and 75). My starter went at 25,000 miles but was covered by warranty. I Hope the other parst last much longer.
Overall review: A good family car with a large trunk. I would recommedn buying another. I am a Jehovah's Witness and use the car largely in the ministry with at least 4 adults in it at all times. It has proven to be a very good car so far.
I Love this car!!!!! by techman247 on 03/04/2006. Trim: 2004 Mercury Sable GS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great styling! Comfortable. Good mpg for a 3.8L 6cyl. Bought used as program car in 10/2005. One of best car I've had.
Cons: Bucket seats are a tad uncomfortable on LONG drives. Needed CD player for this model standard.
Overall review: Love it. However, as far as a overall great car, I loved my 1997 Subaru Outback more :)
A SMOOTH DRIVING MACHINE by LEO on 04/26/2005. Trim: 2004 Mercury Sable LS Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the smooth handle and ride. I enjoy driving it. It's a very comfortable driving experience, the seats are just right and steering is so easy. I like most everything about it. I have recommended it to others and one person actually went and bought one for themselves!
Cons: The one thing that I don't like is that the windshield and other glasses must be slanted more than my last car because the sun comes in a lot more with this one. I do notice too that even though the ride is so smooth and wonderful, I don't think it takes the bigger bumps in the road as well as my previous car.
Overall review: We tried 2 different styles Taurus and a Malibu and an Impala and nothing jumped out til we drove the Sable. If we had traded for one of the others, it would have been ""ok"". but trading for the Sable was ""yeah, I really like this"" !!