2004 Ford Freestar

Great Overall Vehicle by Steve T. Kingman, Az on 08/27/2011. Trim: 2004 Ford Freestar LX Sport, Owned 7 years.
Pros: MPG is very good on this vehicle. I'm a big man and I can sit comfortably in this vehicle. I like the style and the overall apperance. There is plenty of power to go into the mountains with this vehicle, it is great for vacations and camping as well as eveyday driving. I also like the duel side doors, very handy.
Cons: I think the exhaust system failed sooner than it should have, convertors burnt out sooner than any other vehicle I've owned and they are not cheap to replace
Overall review: Appearence, comfort and MPG are excellent. I've owned Town & Country, Caravan and now Freestar and Freestar is right up with the best.
We sure like ours! by Caddywhompus on 08/06/2009. Trim: 2004 Ford Freestar SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Built very sturdy, solid feel on the road, extremely SAFE for all occupants. Tows our trailer like no minivan should. Front seats are extremely comfortable, others are pretty decent as well. With the rear seats folded/removed you can put incredible amounts of stuff in it (I've moved with this van). It has held up very well, only minor repairs and very infrequent.
Cons: I can't come up with anything
Overall review: We bought our van new in 2004, it was one of the first ones out. It has surpassed every expectation so far. We replaced a Chevy Astro with this van, and it does EVERYTHING better in every way, including towing our camper. It's more comfortable, powerful, handles better and just plain drives like a well-built solid vehicle should. My wife commutes almost 100 miles a day in this van, and I feel comfortable knowing she has such a safe and sturdy vehicle to drive in. I hope to continue owning it for a good time longer.
FIX OR REPAIR DAILY and Hope by mike on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Freestar Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Paint and body hardware is the only good thing about this van.
Cons: I had to have a new ECM, 2 new front hubs, a sycronizer and sensor,it goes through brakes, new windshield due to too thin a glass. It is the worst car I have ever owned. Three years in a row it did not pass the emissions test and had to be worked on. I wanted to buy another car but my wife says it drives so good when it is not in the shop. OH I did buy it new. Four years later and about 7,000.00 in repairs it is still on the road. It just turned 50,000 miles. What will happen next?
Overall review: It is the worst car I ever owned. I have been driving since 1966. What does that tell you.
A great van by Happy Owner from Surrey, BC on 07/22/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Freestar LX Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, good load carrier, reasonably economical with good performance
Cons: Nothing to dislike yet
Overall review: I traded in a 1999 Explorer for the Freestar in Sep 07; I think the Freestar is better in every aspect except off-road. My gAs bills went down from $500.00 to $400.00 a month in the first month I owned the van. It tows my trailer better than the Explorer, it's also better in the winter weather. It's a great ride and I am very pleased with it. I've done almost 20,000 miles since I bought it.I just wish I had bought one sooner. If I could find a new/unused one in Canada and if I could afford it I would buy it. Sometimes a little extra power would be nice but that would increase fuel consumption so it's a good compromise at present
It's a minivan, but who cares? by Practical Dad in SATX on 02/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Freestar SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good driver visibility, good highway cruising range, comfortable ride, great safety and reliability ratings, lots of cupholders and other thoughtful storage cubbies, rear seats that fold into the floor, 12v power outlets front-middle-rear, automatic headlights, sliding middle row seats, enough floor space to change diapers without trouble, a/c front and rear-- with the option to control the rear a/c from the dash or the middle seats, tire pressure monitor
Cons: Besides the fact that it's a minivan, none. Power sliding/lifting doors would be a cool feature, but they're available only on the newer models.
Overall review: My wife and I really enjoy our Freestar. Our SES with the 3.9L is powerful enough to get to highway speeds without much trouble, yet returns a decent (for a minivan) 18 mpg in mixed driving-- road trips yield low to mid 20s. The middle seats are centered in the van, allowing fairly easy access alongside to the rear seats. Even at 6'1", I can actually fit in the rear seats and not rub knees on the back of the middle seats. Our two car seats fit easily on the middle bench, so the third row is usually folded to allow storage for strollers, bags, and the like. If it happens that we need to take a friend along, it's no trouble to roll out the rear seat and still have room behind for storage. It's funny sometimes to look in the driveway and see a minivan out there. But I can't see not having one. It's too practical, at least for our family. We tried the sedan and extended cab truck, and neither had the right combination of room and comfort to make them serviceable.