2004 Chevrolet Tracker

What a LEMON by Becky boo on 09/06/2010. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: good price, good on snow
Cons: won,t keep running
Overall review: I would never buy one of these suvs again it was never dependable, the engine blew up after 50,000 miles, bad thing I still owed 45 hundred on the vehicle and i,m stuck tto still haver to pay for it. All the maintaince was done , we live and learn-----
Mini Hummer by night pyro on 01/02/2010. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Looks and size Gas millage
Cons: Window defroster
Overall review: Good
Last results by Octavius on 06/27/2009. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Tracker LT 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quality
Cons: Poor acceleration
Overall review: Very comfortable for a 4 members family.
2004 Wildfire Red Tracker by Roger in Erie, Colorado on 03/29/2008. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Tracker Base 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought my Tracker (2004 Base 4WD) in January 2007, right after the infamous series of blizzards here in Colorado. The vehicle handles well in the snow and manages 24 miles per gallon so far. I've put 21,000 miles on the car since then, including a trip to West Virginia where it travelled the back roads and ridge lines with ease.
Cons: I do wish the front seat went back just a bit more, but that really does not inhibit my driving, just a personal preference. As with any used car, there were a number of maintenance catch-ups to do, which did cost a fair amount of dollars.
Overall review: This is a good SUV, and the first one I have ever owned. I've talked to others, including the service department, that have seen these last past 200,000 miles. I am looking forward to mine lasting that long. My other car is a Civic Hybrid, so MPG is important, and while this car gets only half what the Civic does, 24 MPG in a V6 SUV is not bad. I am also enjoying ordering pieces and parts to fix the little interior blemishes and dings it got during the first 40,173 miles before I bought it.
Great little SUV by D.P. from Philly on 02/23/2008. Trim: 2004 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Peppy V6, towable behind an RV (Rav4 isn't), capable off road and foul weather vehicle, inexpensive, reliable (no problems in 4 years so far)
Cons: Might be nice to have a manual transmission with the V6
Overall review: When I was looking for a small SUv I was stunned how biased the reviewers at places like Consumer Reports and Edmunds were against the Tracker. They would say it had poor acceleration but say that the slower Rav 4 was adequate. The would list the right-swinging rear door as a problem for the Tracker, but not for the Rav 4. In short, many reviewers have either fallen in love with Japanese badges or fallen in hate with American ones. Don't listen to them. The Tracker is a great little SUV and does a lot of things well, especially for the price...