2004 Pontiac Sunfire

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe by Callahan in Port Townsend on 10/04/2012. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe, Owned 8 years.
Pros: 68,000 miles and absolutely no problems. Handles great. sporty and snappy.
Cons: there is nothing I dislike about my sunfire coupe
Overall review: great car for the money.
Great car, horrible fuel economy for car type. by AlucardxDeath From Missouri on 07/26/2012. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great acceleration. Can easily feet 5 people comfortly if they are not over weight. Big trunk room for a small car. Its a small car can fit it in parallel parking spots that others can't. No engine problems since ive bought it. I bought it at 74500 and it now has 88245. Great Driveablility. Not a cop magnet.
Cons: Lousy Gas mileage. This thing does not get 26 mpg in the city. I drive normal I don't go above 3k rpms. I average 20 mpg overall. I drive about 75 percent city and 25 percent highway. According to mpg ratings it should be getting 28. My friends v6 1998 camaro gets same mpg as me. Also has a loud idle. Otherwise everything else is fine.
Overall review: My overall review is this is a good first car but there are many better choices. The Honda Civic of this year gets way better gas. Maybe its just my engine is messed up or something. If you find one of these cheap go for it. If i were you go with another 4 cyl. car. So i don't reccommend this car unless you have to. The big trunk is great i have a 12 inch kicker sub back there. And i still have storing room.
POCKET ROCKET by Peakclover on 07/12/2011. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe w/1SV, Owned 7 years.
Pros: It's a sporty looking stylish smaller car. I like the way it handles (I have a 5-speed)...has good "get up and go"....the gas mileage is terrific in this day and age...about 400 miles on a full tank of gas which lasts me about 2 wks. driving 30mi.a day (round trip) 5 days a wk. for work...and some small jaunts about town during the week as well. This car has taken me to Canada.....North Carolina.....New Jersey....Virginia...Delaware....West Virginia....Maryland...and New York and wayyyyyyy up North in Pennsylvania. I have never had any major problems other than replacing brakes....and a fuel pump.....but the car now has over 150,000 miles on !!
Cons: The ride at times can be a little rough depending on the road surface especially when carrying more than 2 passengers. Plus the trunk space is very small. Difficult to fit all the luggage for a road trip for 2...
Overall review: This car has not had any MAJOR problems since I purchased it in 2004....it is now 2011...."knocking on wood' that after I write this the car stays good to me !!! It has over 150,000 miles on it now and no signs of rust or other external bodywear...it looks as good as it did the day I bought it !!!
The Poor Man's Sports Car by Paul, New Glasgow, NS on 09/20/2004. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe w/1SV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Amazing on gas, good acceleration
Cons: Gear shift doesn't always cooperate going into first gear or reverse, seat cloth is fraying after only 3500km, fan controls in a terrible spot in front of gear shift, seat belt is almost impossible to get into a comfortable position.
Overall review: Quick, sporty, fun and cheap - but like all new cars - painstakingly engineered to rust and fall apart after five years. The dealership says they'll repair the seat cloth, and for the rest... well, you get what you pay for.
Fun little car. Good on gas!! by Duals from PA on 08/03/2004. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe w/1SV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Appearance, Snappy acceleration with the stick, and interior set up.
Cons: Road noise, seats need help in comfort, and needs to sit a little lower (alot of body roll)
Overall review: No BMW but a good little car. A good value in the small car market. I have owned alot of compact cars (between 12-13 small cars) and I would rate this one in the top 3.