2004 Nissan Sentra

My First Car by senior2010 from jacksonville, FL on 12/23/2009. Trim: 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the iPod connection and the gas mileage is great.
Cons: The only thing I don't like is the location of the cup holders, it's right by the air conditioning controls. The backseat isn't that big either.
Overall review: It's a good car to buy because it is very low maintenance and it's reliable, and when you clean it up, it looks real good!!!
pocket rocket by John from NJ on 05/29/2008. Trim: 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This car is fast especially when using a premium fuel.
Cons: Always remember that when using a ultra high performance tire to replace them every 12,000 miles. It fishtail a little bit, the ride is a little harsh.
Overall review: take care of it and it will take care of you. I had this car for four years (2004 - 2008) and it got me into thick and thin, but I had to trade it in for another car. If buying it used, be sure to buy it with side airbags. Always remember to replace the tire every 12,000 miles!
The most reliable car by vinte23-pennsylvania on 10/18/2010. Trim: 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very reliable....I have mine since 2004 and I put 121000 miles on it with no problems. Fuel economy is very good also...I used to get 37-38 mpg in the summer with the A/C on...on the turnpike if I was doing 65mph.
Cons: Not very sporty.
Overall review: The most reliable car I have ever owned.
Not Much... by GoBarT on 07/27/2009. Trim: 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8, Owned 6 years.
Pros: No problem at all in 5 yeays I owned it , just oil change
Cons: Interrior are looking a little cheap , Then agains for the price you cant get a cadillac
Overall review: buy one il you like a car with no problem
Great little EconoBox. by Sophie from WI on 12/12/2008. Trim: 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I've had this car for two years now without any major problems. The only thing I've had done was the breaks at 40,000 and they weren't even that bad, I'm just picky. Very easy to maintain this car. Also has great gas mileage, I get around 32-34 in the city. This isn't the fastest car around, but it gets out of its own way. I'm sure the SE-R and SPEC-V's are quicker. Also, I really like how everything is configured and set up, however, if you have a tall drink, it will partially block the temperature controls.
Cons: The notorious "10 second start". Cranks for awhile on cold days. I've never had is NOT start though. Also, the Potenza's that come on this car are rediculous in snow, obviously, so keep that in mind when buying. I threw on some snow tires and it handles great. We get some pretty cold winter in my neck of the woods and one thing thats irritating is not only does the car get frosted up outside, but inside as well. Seats stain faily easily (at it was only water!) and the previous owner had a dog who scratched up my dash, so that may scratch easily too. My transmission shifts into 2nd gear very hard sometimes. If you have tall friends, make them sit in front.
Overall review: Overall I think this is a very good economical car for a college student or someone with a small family. The cost to maintain this vehicle is very cheap (I do everything myself, don't know how much things cost if you always take it to a dealer) and I never cringed putting gas in the tank, even at over $4/gal. Also, insurance on this vehicle is not expensive at all (atleast in my area). If your looking for something with a little more zip, go for a higher model, but 1.8s is more than decent for everyday driving.