2004 Ford Excursion

Safty First !! by garkam on 05/18/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Probably the safest car for you and your family ! 8000 lbs of steel. I saw one in an accident and I was amazed on how little damage there was and the other cars that hit it were junk.
Cons: hard to park. not the best for every day driving.
Overall review: MPG city about 12 to 13 highway 18 to 20
The ultimate 6.0 Diesel by Terry, Memphis Tennessee on 04/17/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0L 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I tow a 33 ft travel trailer and I have not had any problems going up the hills of Tennessee. The 6.0 diesel has plenty of power. Plenty of room for the kids.
Cons: I can't believe the mirrors are not heated. I was on a trip and it was snowing/freezing rain. Every now and then while driving I would roll down the drivers window and clean the snow from the mirror. Other than this I have no complaints.
Overall review: Best Ford, I have ever owned!! I hate they dont make them any longer.
#1 SUV...NOTHING ELSE IS CLOSE...MUST HAVE DIESEL.... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/13/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0L 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: NOTHING BEATS THE COMBO OF SIZE, TOWING, AND FUEL ECONOMY. I CAN GET 20 MPG ON THE HIWAY WITH 8 PEOPLE IN THE TRUCK. WISH THEY STILL MADE THE DIESEL, I HAVE 80,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES, WILL NEVER SELL.
Cons: WISH IT HAD A MORE MODERN INTERIOR.
Overall review: BEST SUV FOR THOSE THAT NEED SOMETHING BIG, MINE OUT TOWS MY BROTHERS 2008 YUKON DENALI AND HIS GOT 13.5MPG ON HIS TRIP UNLOADED, I GET OVER 20 MPG IF I KEEP THE HIWAY SPEED AROUND 70. THIS IS THE #1 SUV. ILL KEEP MINE FOREVER.
Best vehicle I ever owned by Keith on 01/03/2008. Trim: 2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Best vehicle I have ever owned. I average 17.5 mpg and great room.
Cons: They quit making them.
Overall review: Great vehicle
Ultimate SUV by Sweetie on 09/05/2007. Trim: 2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very tough safe, comfortable vehicle, great milage and power, you sit high enough to see down the road ahead of the traffic.
Cons: They stopped making it, center and back seats need to be removed instead of folding down into the floor, the spare tire is stored inside. Not quite as many luxury features as the competition, like heated rear seats.
Overall review: This is the best vehicle we have ever owned, too bad it was discontinued, it should have only been offered with a diesel and not gas engine option, everyone I’ve talked to that has owned a diesel Excursion has loved it, although some people, not all have experienced poor mileage with the 6.0 was first introduced, fortunately not us. The reputation that it is such a large vehicle is a myth, I from time to time drive a Yukon at work and it doesn’t feel any larger to maneuver than it does.