2004 Toyota Corolla

Toyota "Quality" is a thing of the past by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/21/2005. Trim: 2004 Toyota Corolla CE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good gas mileage. Ok ride and handling.
Cons: Poor build quality. Rattles, squeaks and buzzing from the dashboard and front doors. The windows are loose in their tracks and feel like they are falling apart. Trim around the radio is warping. Stitching on the seats is coming loose. Door and trunk gaskets keep coming loose. There's a high pitched whine coming for the belt area of the engine that comes and goes. The brakes feel spongy and the engine surges at idle causing the car to lurch forward unexpectedly at times.
Overall review: As a long time fan of Toyota, I'm sad to say that I'm very disappointed with the quality of my 2004 CE. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I'm driving a mid 1980's Ford Tempo. The dealer tells me that the squeaks and rattles and performance issues are common and inherant. They'll fix the whining noise from the engine if I can get it there while it's whining. So much for service! This 2 year old car with 30k highway miles feels like an old clunker. I can't imagine what it will be like when it's 10 years old, if it lasts that long! I bought this car used with 15k on it from the local Honda dealer where it was traded-in. I think I know why now and I'm sure they'll be seeing it again very soon!
MY CORROLLA ? "PROBLEM" by Corolla lover ,from florida. on 12/22/2012. Trim: 2004 Toyota Corolla CE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: My corrolla id 2004, over 100.000 miles and no problems. It gives me great gas milage 40miles to the gallon on the highway. Hardly ever rent a car. It goes from Atlanta To miami ,times and times over very reliable.
Overall review: Love my corolla will dive it till it stops. Dont know why you would buy anything else.The only maintainance you need is change your oil and filter regular.Last you a lifetime. Good car for your money. Own two corollas in my life no problems.
Average car by Ariam on 03/19/2011. Trim: 2004 Toyota Corolla LE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Respectable gas millage.
Cons: Found repairs and maintenance at the dealership very expensive in Canada. Twice the check engine light came on. Once for P0133 for reprogramming at 100000 KM, Once for P0171 to replace intake manifold at 134000 KM. Rear hub /wheel bearing assy with ABS replaced at 150000 KM. Cheap inferior inside plastic some are falling apart. Current mileage 168000 Km.
Overall review: I hope it will last a few more years since I have spent a bit of money in the up keep of this vehicle..
A great compact car with good gas miliage. by Petke from San Diego. on 02/21/2009. Trim: 2004 Toyota Corolla S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have never had any problems and I've already reached 100,000 miles.
Cons: The glove boxes located in the center of the dashboard. The plastic breaks easily.
Overall review: Overall it's been an exceptional vehicle.
Best On The Market!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/26/2012. Trim: 2004 Toyota Corolla CE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Gas Milage and reliability
Cons: Has good pickup for a 1.8 liter engine but if there was a 2.0 or a 2.5 I would love to test drive it!
Overall review: You will be driving this car for a long time if you get one. Mine has never caused me any problems. I keep the oil changed and Ive put a set a tires on it in 5 years. Mine is a 2004 model.