2004 Pontiac Vibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe by AdmRose from PA on 05/19/2010. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sporty and stylish and a pleasure to drive. Good fold-down seat design allows for maximum cargo space for its class. Good gas mileage (30+ MPG) and AWD is a plus. Very reliable. Engine is easy to maintain and very well designed (oil filter on bottom, spark plugs on top. Don't even need to put the car on ramps to change the oil.) 12V household outlet is a plus.
Cons: Heavily clad in plastic both inside and out. Inside plastic components are prone to breakage. Console is not very intuitively designed.
Overall review: Replaced a 2001 Aztek with the 2004 Vibe. Very reliable and smooth handling. Good cargo space and fuel economy. Engine is easy to maintain (engine is Toyota not GM). Only problem I have with it is the heavy use of plastic components inside the vehicle. They are prone to breakage. The console is also not very ergonomically designed. Overall though a great car.
Orange Fusion by Bigred on 05/13/2008. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Ability to hold many items, folding seats, front seats lay down, drives good, great sound system.
Cons: cup holders in the front to close, backseat cup holder weak broke after 3 days, front console storage always opens when their are contents of change in it. Sliding items in cargo area.
Overall review: Great vehicle, recommend, great gas mileage, roomy Love my car
Best car I have ever owned! By far and most reliable too! Keeping forever by Foot loose in NW Wisconsin! Family of 3 plus dog! on 07/22/2011. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I have 189,000+ miles on my car now and it is still awesome. Kayaks up top, bikes on the back (I had a 1 1/4" hitch installed) and gear inside plus us and away we go. On solo trips I make a full bed for myself in the back...how awesome can you get? I wish they still made these cars. Over time I have had to replace the shocks/struts, new water pump and just recently a new shock on the pulley system that supports the serpentine belt, also, the seat belts no longer retract like new but still good. All have been very inexpensive. My sun roof is a must and still works like new and I use it daily. Off course new brakes, tires...as usual. Very, great vehicle and well worth the money.
Cons: I wish it was better insulated for road noise. I had no idea the visors extended out and discovered this at 157,000 miles!!! That is it! Great car!
Overall review: Great car, well worth the money, great for light off roading, great in the snow and rain (I live in Northern Wisconsin and frequently go to Colorado and beyond for skiing). Very reliable car!
sports car and truck in one .. Vibe GT by Hui on 11/30/2010. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Vibe GT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Vibe GT: good power and acceleration, good in gas, lots of room for cargo and people,
Cons: sitting position awkward; car is tall;
Overall review: I bought a used 2004 Vibe GT 6-speed with 72k miles. Very happy with the car. It averages 28mpg in the city/hwy driving. Alot of power and space (when compare to my 2001 MR2 Spyder). Driving position is kind of high, the car is tall too. I plan to buy TEIN H-tech springs to lower the car a couple inches. My MR2 spyder used to feel fast, but after i drive the Vibe GT everyday for a few weeks, the MR2 does not feel as quick as before. They have the same engine, but MR2 has about 40 less horse power.
Great car! by momofdcn on 07/27/2010. Trim: 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Fun and versatile. Great cargo space. Fuel economy 30-33 mpg. Dependability-no problems in 120K miles.
Cons: Road noise.
Overall review: It's time for a new car and I can't get excited about another car. Just want a quieter Vibe.