2004 Volvo XC90

May never want another car other than the xc90 by Kari in Placerville on 07/03/2012. Trim: 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I love that my car can basically turn into a truck whenever I need. I can load up a bunch of kids and take them on school field trips.
Cons: Would love better gas mileage. Who wouldn't? I average 20 MPG. I would like a more quiet ride, but the car IS 8 years old.
Overall review: I love my XC90, my next car will be an XC90. I bought it used and currently have 214,000 miles on it and it is going strong. Of course there are possible problems looming with so many miles on the car, but considering how much I drive I have had little troubles with this car.
Volvo for life proves itself by Gregory on 04/07/2013. Trim: 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Everything.
Cons: Mediocre gas mileage. No aux port
Overall review: Owned it since day one. So glad I picked this over the BMW x5 and Mercedes ml320. Volvo has NEVER failed me once. No unexpected or unwanted surprises. 9 years later my XC90 still looks great and relatively the same as the 2014 models.
Volvo: for life by CA on 06/28/2004. Trim: 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Volvo is built to last.
Overall review: When you buy Volvo, you are buying class, first of all i want to say, If u want speed, buy a race car, I'm sorry, this is not the indy 500, the street is not a race track, it bothers me, when people complain that the volvo is slow. its pretty fine to me, it might not be a race car, but it goes. This is the best SUV ever. My personal Opinion is that the XC90, BMW X5, and the ugly mercedes, are in the same league, they are both ecellent cars, but i definately recommend volvo. its built better. i have the x5, and the xc90, and the difference between the 2 is acceleration, by a few seconds. but keep in mind, that the XC90 is built to last. I have had few problems, and that was w/ the bmw. Keep up the great work. Volvo: for life.
I hate it - She loves it by Bill from New York, NY on 08/17/2004. Trim: 2004 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great outside styling. Would look nicer with painted bumpers. Third row seating a big plus. Comfortable ride. Good cargo space. Great sound system
Cons: Slow, Slow, Slow. Gaz guzzler. I am getting no more than 15 mpg driving on highway, not city driving. I have better gas mileage with my 360 hp Audi S8. Some fit and finish issue as headliner falling off; not as good as the BMW X5 or the Touareg. Pricey with Nav and other options. 4 speed automatic!!!! when the competition has 6 speeds. Make a lawnmore sound and transmission is noisy.
Overall review: My wife insisted in having this truck. I hate it and she loves it.
A Rear Suprise by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/01/2004. Trim: 2004 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: This was definately a suprise for me. Volvo has hit the bullseye. I went for a test drive and found out that it was superior to the competition in most aspects and the price was lower. My best investment this year.