2004 Volvo S60

Fantastic car by coralani on 12/26/2012. Trim: 2004 Volvo S60 2.5T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the comfort of the seats. Fantastic handling and acceleration. Great car for long road trips and commuting alike. I average 26.2 mpg. Good looking.
Cons: The truning radius is awful! Embarassing at times.
Overall review: Pros: comfort reliability stylish safety Cons: Turing radius expense of repairs
Sweed Speed by Rocky on 04/18/2012. Trim: 2004 Volvo S60 R, Owned 8 years.
Pros: The Build quality is top notch as always, and the interior is incredibly comfortable. The technology is very advanced compared to the rest of competition in 2004, and people ask me if it’s this year’s model. It looks more modern than the competition of that time too. The performance is a lot to handle and can really to a number on your gas mileage when you push it, but I manage to usually get around 23 mpg.
Cons: The exterior styling needed to have some work done, because it was not until 2005 that Volvo decided to get rid of the black plastic moldings. But other than that it’s a great looking car.
Overall review: This car is great, and you get a lot for what you pay for. The interior is top-notch, and feels like it was designed for racing, but that’s when it wants to. The driver can choose between comfort and sport suspension, which is a great feature. This car has great balance and suspension, and hugs the road aggressively, as if it wants the driver to accelerate more around the bends. The performance is great and I’ve noticed I’m able to do a burnout through second gear! It’s a great car.
2004 2.4 with a manual transmission by Steve, Laguna Hills on 05/28/2007. Trim: 2004 Volvo S60 2.4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the way it looks, the seats are comfortable, good gas mileage, nice interior, and it is entertaining to drive with the manual transmission.
Cons: It has limited leg room in the backseat, and some of the plastic pieces inside feel a little flimsy.
Overall review: My wife and I bought this car last summer with 29,000 miles on it, and we got a great deal on it since it was a manual transmission, as the dealer was having trouble selling it (a large local Chrysler dealer). We got almost $7500 off the blue book value, and paid about $15,500 for it. We really like the car, and it has been a great on road trips. It gets around 28 miles per gallon, and it is fun to drive. The manual transmission really makes a difference in the character of the car.
Absolutely Best Car Ever Owned by Jamey, Perkasie (PA) on 04/03/2004. Trim: 2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The fit and comfort of the car are wonderful. I considered a Mercedes E Class (2004) and the Volvo S60 AWD. The Volvo was an exceptional value that rivals the Mercedes in many regards. The S60 AWD is a pleasure to drive every day. It makes my long coummute, 1.5 hours each way, an enjoyable and safe trip. The rain sensing wipers, bi-xenon headlights and climate control system are greatly appreciated, particularly for the simple and effective design and efficient operation.
Cons: Would like automatic door locks and an electronic compass in the mirror. These are minor details for an overall great car.
Overall review: Anyone considering the BMW 3 series, a Mercedes C or E class or the Acura brand should do themselves a favor and test drive the Volvo S60 AWD. It truly is a safe and very comfortable car that will not disappoint. And, the famous Volvo seats are better than any car seat I've experienced.
One of the best luxury cars to own by SeattleM on 09/21/2009. Trim: 2004 Volvo S60 2.5T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is one of the few cars my wife can drive, as she has a small stature. We bought this as a certified used car from the Volvo dealer in 2008, and it was and still is like a brand new car. Very comfortable in driving, and never any problems. One of the nice features are the keys which allow you to preset your own comfort zone in the seating, and when you use your key, resets everything to your personal settings. She is small, and I am a lot bigger. I will buy another one when I trade this in.
Cons: Before purchasing this car I had a Volvo 850 Turbo, and in comparing the two, I preferred the handleing of the 850. It had more power, and stiffer susupension. The one thing I do not like is the turning radias of the S60. At times you have to make several attempts at parking.
Overall review: One of the best cars I have owned, more comfortable then my friends 2004 mercedes.