2004 Chrysler Crossfire

Crossfire: Plus and Minus by Steve in Big D on 06/29/2004. Trim: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fun to drive. Great Handling. Acceleration good. Comfortable seats. Smooth manual transmission. Eye catcher. Chicks dig it!!
Cons: Difficult entry and exit. Chrysler service is clueless on how to repair it and parts are not available. I have waited days for parts to arrive. Tires are not available if you need to replace them. Dealer charged me $113 for an oil change!
Overall review: Great car that's fun to drive, but the service and parts availability are terrible. Reliability is also a problem.
The best ride for the money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/21/2013. Trim: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, Owned 9 years.
Pros: It is basically a Merzedes build car and it suffered an early corporate death. What a shame. I love to drive it and when I see an other one on the road I wave. Blue book is $6000 or so. But try to buy one. I have a 2004 with 32000 miles on it and in perfect shape and when I went to Carmax and in a 100 mile range, they had non and in 250 miles they had one for $15000, go figure. If you have one hang onto it. It will go the way of the 57 Chevy.
Cons: Visibility backward is poor and first gear likes to jump out of gear unless you know how to do it right. But that is it. Milage is excellent and it likes to run..fast.
Overall review: For the money, it is "such ah deal"
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS RIDE by Lizette in Kentucky on 09/07/2008. Trim: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This has been the most fabulous sportscar I have ever owned. I shopped for over 4 months to find this specific model and color. My Crossfire is a white coupe w/ dark charcoal interior and automatic. I found it on Ebay and drove 6 hours to go buy it in Chicago. I was in love with the car as soon as I drove it off the lot and have owned it for a year. The only thing I have had done is an oil change and window tinting. My previous cars have been Alfa-Romeo and MR2. They don't even compare to the Crossfire. My little dog has her own bed in the hatchback and it's fun to see all the heads turn to see what just passed them on the highway. Everyone stops to admire it and want to know what it is!
Cons: ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS
Overall review: Best car I have ever owned. Fast, sleek and a dream to drive. It looks a lot more expensive than it is.
Still love It by Richard on 07/26/2008. Trim: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have now owned my Crossfire for almost 5 years and wrote a review on this site a few months after I purchased it in December 2003; the car still remains a thrill to drive. I have never experienced one quality issue and the service from the Plano Texas dealership where I purchased the car new has always been terrific.
Cons: Tire wear is terrible and I am into my third set with only 25,000 miles on the car. I have also had some on and off problems with the CD player (would not eject). It is also necessary to replace the wiper blades every 6 months; I know the Texas heat can be hard on them but I have a 2005 Altima and have yet to repalce the original set. These issues are minor compared to the enjoyment I get from driving my Crossfire.Chrysler still does a very poor job promoting this car.
Overall review: This is a car that I still believe will be a classic some day.
Great sports car. by Phil on 11/21/2007. Trim: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The look.
Overall review: Excellent car, excellent value, very unique look, very good in the power range.
Review ID: #519104 Is this review offensive?