2004 Audi A8

" 1st Audi, Hooked for Life" by BERNIE from Fairview,NJ on 03/10/2010. Trim: 2004 Audi A8 L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great machine!!! Love it!!! My 1st german car, I'am hooked, 30 yrs. driving, have never felt so pleased with a car. Highway manners are superv, 90-110mph feels like 50-70, Quattro is magical.
Cons: Expensive maintenance, city mpg is horrible, not too bad in hway, 23-24, Tires can get damaged very easy from potholes, curves,etc, so can the rims, 19' Pirellis P6's, low profiles,very flingy.
Overall review: Best car 4 the $, pleasure to drive, exciting to put the hammer down and feel the response and agility, amasing for such a big + heavy car, is a Hway car, thats where you'll really enjoy this great machine!!!!
JM Group International by JM NY on 05/31/2009. Trim: 2004 Audi A8 L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Its ok overall..
Cons: For the price much problem.. Normally you expect german top car shud be good quality. My bluetoth dont work and Audi cant make it work. Stereo noise in some of speakers in low volume. Onboard phone microfone always broken. They served it twice allready, and again when you trye to use phone, other part hear only noice. Mirror noice, when you driving fast, the driver side mirror make terrible noice. It doesnt help to flip it up and down.. But owerall is rooling, my car is also with very low milage..
Overall review: I know there is better and worst example of Audi A8. But anyway i am going to continue own Audi. Good things is that you get a big car with much room. Trunk is bigger than in many family Japanese. You get 4 wheel drive terrain car. When you use the high possision its going in worst possible road.. Very good when you need to visit your cottage.. Becost of this we are continue to use Audi A8 in our companies
Solid car, but not the best. by Henry from Portland on 01/03/2006. Trim: 2004 Audi A8 L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Interior quality really is top notch, strong performance from 4.2-liter, V8, cavernous interior, excellent handling for such a large vehicle, availability of cutting edge electronics, Quattro AWD provides a feeling of security
Cons: Audi's reliability problems still plague them, exterior styling is too brash and will not age well, interior overstyled (detracts from comfort), poor service at the dealership
Overall review: This was actually my wife's car, but I felt compelled to write about it simply because we did not have a very good experience with it. There was no doubt that it was a very luxurious vehicle and an excellent performer, out-handling my own S500. In fact, for the first year of ownership I began to favor this car over my Mercedes, but at 13 months the problems started. First the navigation system malfunctioned, as we seldom use it this was not a big problem. This was followed by two broken power windows, then a broken power driver seat. Most recently the engine began idling extremely rough, after taking it in they determined that the timing belt had to be replaced. The car was out of service for a total of 6 weeks. My affection for the car quickly faded considering I have never had a problem with my Mercedes, not the 2001 one model nor my newest one. The Mercedes may not perform as well or offer the level of luxury, but it has never let me down.
04 Audi A8L by HappyOwner on 11/30/2007. Trim: 2004 Audi A8 L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent styling, great car to drive.
Cons: Lower than average gas mileage, uses premium grade gasoline
Overall review: Great car.
Review ID: #519360 Is this review offensive?
Almost Perfect by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/16/2006. Trim: 2004 Audi A8 L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is one beautiful machine. The car has excellent interior styling. The instruments are easy to use. The sound system is great. The seating for our family of five is roomy.
Cons: The rain sensor wipers are inconsistent. I wish the nav system had improved graphics.
Overall review: This is a great car to drive.