2004 Ford Escape

The perfect truck for me. by ML from Northford on 09/17/2005. Trim: 2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The fit is just right. I'm short and my husband and boys are tall. Lots of room. Very comfortable to ride in and lots of storage space. I love the color that I have, which is the Ash Gold.
Cons: I have had some problems with starting the car. It seems to short out when I go to start it. It's like I tried to start it too quick. Can't seem to find the problem. Someone suggested it could be the insides of the master key? Doesn't happen to often, but enough that I brought it to the dealer and had them see if it would do it for them, but nothing. The other thing is the radio system isn't all that great. Could be better. Seems to die out in certain area's or not come into clear, Ford could have made some kind of stronger anttena system.
Overall review: I really do enjoy my Escape. I almost wish I had gone with the hybrid 2004 version with today's gas prices.
Frustrating! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/25/2009. Trim: 2004 Ford Escape XLT 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a nice size vehicle for someone needing something slightly bigger than a car. It has good room and is comfortable. I have no problem with anything on the interior
Cons: After only having mine for about 11 months my alternator went out, ok no problem those things happen... then.. 3 months later fuel pump went out and i had been hearing a rattle in the front end which ended up being a bad control arm so replaced both of those... still though, eh things happen.... THE... 4 months after that it started jerking really bad while idling turns out needed a new vaccum hose and timing sensor reset... fixed that. At this point Im getting irritated and NOW again its making a funny noise in the front end!
Overall review: Then I read about the recalls that are pretty dangerous! Ive seen recalls on other vehicles before and understand having one that is bad but two that are very bad, I know someone know who theirs caught on fire from the ABS issue and the thought of my throttle getting stuck isnt too reassuring either... but supposedly my VIN doesnt have a recall on it. WE shalll see.
The Best SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/29/2004. Trim: 2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Room, ride
Overall review: Love driving this vehicle, fuel efficient, comfortable, roomy, easy to park, steering excellent, powerful
Escaped in my "Escape by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/10/2004. Trim: 2004 Ford Escape XLS 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is very roomy!!! Great handling ability. Nice small SUV for a family of five.
Cons: The drive shift is too close to the radio, this obstructs the radio volume button when you try to manuver the volume. This car also starts up in OVERDRIVE, which is very deceptive, in effect this causes you to burn lots of gas if you are a city driver.
Overall review: Overall this is a great SUV!!! I Love my new car....
Good Vehicle by Rider on 03/08/2004. Trim: 2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very responsive, descent handling and comfortable vehicle. Not as loud as I was told it would be.
Cons: Gas mileage. I am only getting 2/3 miles per gallon better than my 02 Explorer? Maybe it will get better once the engine breaks in.
Overall review: Feels like a luxury car with the Leather trim. Bucket seats are very comfortable. Nice fit and finish but not as nice as a Lexus obviously. I would recommend because it is a tremendous value for the money compared to it competitors. Just test drive a RAV 4 or CRV before you decide. They are not nearly as sporty and our complete turtles compared to the Escape.