2004 Buick Rainier

classy suv by jo from South Dakota on 02/07/2008. Trim: 2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The ride is great even on gravel roads. It is so quiet. I love the handling of this suv. Great iin snow. I can get through major drifts out here in the country.
Cons: I wish it got better on gas. I hate were the cupholders are.
Overall review: I would tell anyone who wanted a suv to get this one. I love this suv.
Great value for the money (used) by Minnesota on 08/07/2009. Trim: 2004 Buick Rainier AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: V8 tows well and is quick. Looks expensive but was cheap used. Great value for the money. Air suspension great when towing. Quietest vehicle ever owned. Lots of complements. AWD for boat ramps. Don't know why anyone would buy a short wheelbase Trailblazer or Envoy used. Tow package and the plug-in wire harness plug in is great. I always know what I am getting with a GM. No 4wd switch which would surely be turned on at the wrong time. Love the sunroof.
Cons: Interior is typical GM, just a little behind some others. Not enough nooks for small items like wallet, cell phone. A little too much interior plastic for what you would expect in such a nice package. More fake or better yet real wood grain would have suited this vehicle. The soft touch/vinyl material not as nice as my old Oldsmobile minivan. Bose system doesn't sound as nice as a rental Hyundai but the 6 disc is nice. Needs separate tweeters. Can't imagine paying over 40k for my particular model.
Overall review: I am frugal with vehicles, I always buy used and discovered because the Buick average buyer age is high, the used Rainiers were simply gentler used than the equivalent Trailblazer or Envoy. This Rainier was truly a find for my towing needs and is my wife's daily driver and fits both young kids great. I can't wait to see how it performs in winter here in MN. After driving this suv, I am suprised crossovers are now becoming the popular vehicle. If you buy used and always stay a generation behind the latest and greatest, you save a lot of money and are easily impressed. This Rainier fits the bill perfectly. Avoid nav systems since it is just another thing to break and is outdated as soon as it is sold.
gm junk by bob on 06/22/2009. Trim: 2004 Buick Rainier AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: awd towing capacity
Cons: junk speedometer and dashboard instruments. prone to failure and costly to fix. Management errors like these should be covered by GM
Overall review: great car if made by a company that cared about the customers
Great Ride by WhoDey on 02/10/2008. Trim: 2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: traded in my 2 year old Cadillac STS for the Rainier, the Rainier has a much better ride, also don't compare with the sister models,my wife has the 2004 GMC Envoy, hers rides like a truck in comparison. The Rainier is a very quiet ride also, I turn my lease in next month, ( 65,000 mi)the only service other than routine was for the Navigation, the whole system hade to be upgraded to the newer touch screen version,this was covered under warranty
Cons: for a $40k sticker, the dash has too much plastic, only getting 16.8 mpg, On Star has a hard time with voice sensing, cancelled after the first year.
Overall review: My last five vehicles have been STS,BMW 328,STS, Cadillac Deville and the Rainier. I would pick the Rainier as my favorite
great suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/27/2007. Trim: 2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: had one for 3.5 troublefree years...best suv ever...so quiet and nice ride
Cons: front dash knobs are cheap
Overall review: excellent car will buy another