2004 Subaru Impreza

I LOVE MY REX!!! by Tyler from Federal Way on 12/25/2006. Trim: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just bought my '04 a few months ago with 64k miles and it runs perfect still. Previously owned an 03 WRX when they first came out and had no problems, but had to sell due to college tuition :( This car has everything you could want: AWD for safety/winter, turbo for performance/fun, nice suspension/brakes, along with a 4 star (or 5, I can't remember) crash rating. The seats are great and hug your body while taking turns. I have the premium winter package which includes a sunroof (always nice), along with heated seats/mirrors. The subaru community and aftermarket support is great (drive by waves!). I have just started modding mine and its addicting. Overall an awesome and reliable car!!
Cons: I would say gas mileage, especially since I drive in the city most the time and only average about 18mpg. Many say Turbo Lag, and even more so on the 4eat (automatic) which is what I have. But really, when compared to other cars its not that bad, and after you get to about 2500-3000rpm then you just fly on bye. Another common complaint is the cupholders, but I don't really like to eat/drink in my car so thats not a big deal. I do usually have coffee in the morning on the way to work and use the holder next to the E-brake which works perfect.
Overall review: Overall I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It's affordable considering that its AWD, turbo, and is very reliable. I'm at 65k miles on my 2004 wrx with no problems at all. Still runs perfect. I have just begun to mod my car including an HKS catback and a cobb AP stage 1. I'm looking forward to many more years and miles before I move on to another car, which will probably be another Subaru...hopefully WRX!!!! **Like I said the subaru community is great, and usually when you see another WRX on the road they give you a wave. Not really that common among other car drivers.** I was reading on a wrx forum of how many people have well over 100k miles on their wrx's with no problems at all. One guy even had 212,000 miles with the original clutch/engine, and no major work except maintenance. Now thats reliability, especially after auto-x and taking it to the mountains.
no limited on a fantastic bargain by Gary on 04/27/2005. Trim: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a track worthy, everyday driver that will not dissappoint auto fanatics. This is my six car and one of my favorite. While I enjoy my BMW 740il and Acura NSX, this provides the most driving thrills but does not draw the looks from the NSX. Save your money on the slower exotics and try this agressive auto out!
Cons: Don't drink your starbuks on a bumpy road unless you are wearing a bibe. I enjoy the agressively firm ride but it is not for everyone
Overall review: This car will grow on you as is becomes part of your everyday life but if you are not the performance fanatic, you will grow tired, but if you live on the edge and want to run with the best, you will not be dissappointed.
Solid. Tight. That's what she said. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/09/2010. Trim: 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Tight build quality. Worry free dependability. High driving position. Interior is spartan, but that means there are less things to break.
Cons: The automatic is very slow. I bought mine used with only 27,000 miles on it and the transmission fluid was BROWN. Got it flushed right away.
Overall review: This is a solid car. I can see it easily surpassing 200,000 miles trouble free.
WRX Scobby 2004 by Bargonz on 12/04/2008. Trim: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I live in UK to-day we had snow, guess what 4 wheel drive( permantly engaged ) I could go up hills steer round corners brake (ABS) where other 2 wheel drive vehicles were getting stuck sliding off the road and crashing . Also in fair weather its fast holds the road well and has the performance I Like . My scooby is just the standard wrx 225 bhp and I really enjoy driving it . Petrol consumption is okish depends how you drive it average about 28 mpg on long motorway trips about 18 or less when on country roads changeing up and down gears braking and accelerating Has a/c,abs , air bags radio/cd (single disk) tape as standard This is my 2nd scobby and recommend highly, by the way my age I`m 64
Cons: The spares (genuine) are expensive, tyre wear with the permant 4 wheel drive is not as good as 2 wheel drive, tip regularly swop front to rear wheels for all round even wear tyres , are directional. Insurance is high group 20 and road tax is high not top group but next one down .
Overall review: Overall I enjoy my Scooby would definately buy another wish I could have afforded the WRX sti (with Prodrive pack) just to say I had owned and driven one the acceleration is great but watch the fuel guage when accelerating changes into flow meter...lol Love the rally style seats, headrest integral and body hugging wrap round to hold you through fast cornering Would recommend try it before you buy it you surely will buy I did .I`m no boy racer but I so enjoy the performance road holding and good braking Yes the Scooby is for me.
The Practical Pony by BAR aging in the RC / southern California on 07/19/2008. Trim: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: compared to the Acuras I've previously owned...the Subaru is just a practical car. There really is no need for all the extras
Cons: one thing....pulling up to the pump & looking for the gas price on the bottom row kills me everytime but I know, the car wouldn't perform if it weren't for the 91 octane
Overall review: the WRX......My #1 all time pick!