2004 BMW 3-Series

It's a Money Pit!! by Adrienne in NC on 07/10/2011. Trim: 2004 BMW 3-Series 325i Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: From day one, I fell in love with my BMW. The acceleration power and the handling made it so fun to own. I love my music loud and the sound system was great! Also, having a full size spare tire in the back along with standard tools was a little thing that went a long way. I didn't pay much attention to the little problems I had here and there b/c everything was covered under the BMW service warranty. However, from the time you hit 60K, BEWARE! Everything starts to fail. Electrical problems (power locks/windows fail, indicator lamps malfunction regularly), headlamps, tail lamps vaccuum hoses, window regulators, radiator, water pump, gasket seals, control arm bushings, (continued below)
Cons: horn malfunction, and now ENGINE FAILURE!! Repairs are extensive and extremely expensive and most shops won't touch this car. I'm currently looking to buy a new car but it won't be a BMW! Side Note: There aren't armrests/cupholders for backseat & rear seat does not fold down in this model. Didn't notice this until my daughter locked my keys in the trunk, and trunk switch decided not to work at the same time. I couldn't fold down my rear seat and get in!! Interior parts are cheaply made and expensive to replace. The plastic trim along the car and the weather stripping started breaking off in sections, the window buttons have cracked in half and broken, even the sunroof malfunctioned!
Overall review: Overall, this car is a dream to drive but it has been a nightmare financially for me. If you like attention, it will definitely get you a lot of head turns but how much do you want to pay for that attention?? Be prepared to wipe out your emergency funds! Regular service for brakes and rotors will run between $300-$500. Regularly scheduled maintenance (inspection 1&2) $500 & up. Basic things like windshield wipers-$50, button controls $50-$60 each, synthetic oil changes, $80 & up, tires approx. $400 a set. BE PREPARED!!
The ULTIMATE Driving Machine by B1mmer from PA on 08/13/2012. Trim: 2004 BMW 3-Series 330xi Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle has been what I have been looking for. Power, performance and safety all in one machine. There is elegant refinement with a sporty edge. The inline 6 delivers all the power most people will be looking for. All in all there is nothing I would change about this car.
Cons: As of now there are no dislikes aside from the fact that the seats really need to be adjusted to gain comfort when it comes to driving.
Overall review: My 330xi delivers great handling in all environment types, and the all wheel drive is awesome in the Pennsylvania snow. I would definitely reccomend this car to a friend. The BMW goes a long way in the business world as well for us younger guys starting out, when people see this auto they think of me being somebody who takes pride in themselves; it was one of the reasons why I was hired my boss later told me. All in all BMW deserves to be on the pedistal its commonly placed on, its served me in everyway.
Awsome Car by Doug - Atlanta, GA on 04/28/2005. Trim: 2004 BMW 3-Series 325i Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything from the performance, safety and style.
Cons: There are no cons.
Overall review: THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. There is nothing more true. I have owned many vehicles and there is no comparison to the BMW 3 series. It makes driving fun. Resale is awsome. The price is very reasonable for what you get and the BMW service is like no other. I am very happy with my second BMW.
not my type of a car by Dina on 02/28/2005. Trim: 2004 BMW 3-Series 325xi Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i like some of its features like the front end, the rims and nothing else
Cons: the interior is very cheap it looks like they used 10 tons of cheap plastic in the dashboard. I just wonder how it is ehn you get into an accident of less than 25mph does that plasic kill you or what? also complicated features like turn the lights on and that stuff. I did not like the interior of this car at all. I feel that it was done with no taste what so ever
Overall review: not for me costs too much and doesnt look that great
just an idea by ivansterr on 01/09/2007. Trim: 2004 BMW 3-Series 325Ci Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: don't know
Cons: don't own it
Overall review: does anyone think its funny that BMW reviews say "Get a G35" and and the G35 reviews say "get a BMW"??? does anyone know what they're talking about?