2004 Toyota Sienna

"Wish it lasted better" by SheepPharmer from Culpeper on 12/21/2011. Trim: 2004 Toyota Sienna LE - 8 Passenger, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This is a quiet, easy handling vehicle (compared to the Fords and Chevys that I have owned). I love the seats that disappear in the back, freeing up a lot of space in the back. Excellent heat and a/c throughout the vehicle, love the tinted windows, good sound. I really liked this car because it drives like a sedan and is very comfortable, but it has some serious problems. I like the well-lite front dashboard and easy to use consule. The windshield wipers are easy to use and the cruise control is great.
Cons: Ok, where do I start? First the side door handle broke off and I couldn't use that door, so I was only able to use the automatic side door. Then, the motor/lock failed and it cost me $700 to repair. Only a year and a half later, it broke again (this time it was the cable). The spare is located under the passenger side directly under the side door. When I got a flat, on that side, I couldn't get to it, and neither could the dealer that I had to call. The front brakes lock up and I slide into stops many times. The rear wheels spin on just about any semi-slippery pavement. The arm rest on the driver's side is too low and worthless.
Overall review: I want to like this car and I love most Toyota brands, however, I have had some difficulties with this vehicle. Would I buy another one? Probably, but I would know its weak spots and I would test drive it very closely. I was disappointed that my Toyota dealer just blew me off about the side door problems. I have 4 children and there have been many times, where I had no way of getting them in or out of the vehicle except through the front seat! Talk about a safety issue! I bought this vehicle with only 24,000 miles on it and the driver's side side door handle broke off (yes, literally come off!) just after it came off of warranty (3 years). I live on a dirt/gravel road that gets high water, and if you drive it through a deep puddle the power goes way down (light dim, a/c slows down, etc) for several hundred feet after you get through the puddle. However, except for the sliding issue in the front and rear tires, I will say that it goes through just about anything!
Great Vehicle! by Jay from Birmingham, AL on 09/11/2010. Trim: 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Feels a lot like our Lexus LS420 luxury sedan. Quiet, comfortable, luxurious, handles incredibly well, stable in highway crosswinds during long trips, gets 26 MPG on trips, around 19MPG city driving, usually loaded with kids, sports eqpt, and stuff. Leather seats look new after raising son & Scout Troop with it! Looked at the newest model and decided to keep our 2004 and drive it another 100K miles! Great van!
Cons: Original tires were awful, replaced at 18,000 miles. Bought top line BFgoodrich and they rode much better and lasted 45,000 miles! Now on second set of BFGoodrich and van has 104,000 miles and tires are still good and ride nice with 41,000 miles on them. Passenger side sliding door broke at 10K miles, dealer fixed it twice, trouble free since second repair. Headlights fogged and were replaced, twice! Rear window wiper blade gets stuck to glass and breaks rubber, must replace every 20K miles or so.
Overall review: Best vehicle we've owned. Reliable, easy & comfortable to drive. Wonderful interior, Video, Sound, etc. Still QUIET and absolutely rattle free after 6 years and 100K miles! Looks new and rides new. Amazingly gets 26MPG on trips loaded with 6 people plus luggage & stuff. Also gets 26MPG towing 1400 lb boat & trailer on fishing trips.
A Breakthrough in Toyota Vans! by Zackame on 08/06/2009. Trim: 2004 Toyota Sienna LE - 8 Passenger, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Good Gas Mileage, Family Friendly, EXCELLENT Turn Ratio can out turn my moms old 96 and 99 Dodge Caravans and many other Vans on the Road. Excellent Braking System. Very Stylish one of the first vans to support 2nd row power windows.
Cons: Jerking while in low gears other wise it's an excellent van!
Overall review: I Would recommend this vehiicle to those who want a quality and dependable Minivan with a Touch of Lexus Luxury!
Surprising happy with a van! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/11/2009. Trim: 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth Ride, Lots of room, tons of "cool" features, You can open / close the automatic doors 4 different ways. WOW. Doesn't feel like your driving a van. Turning radius is impressive. Lexus like interior. Other vans just dont' compare, they feel like cheap modes of transportation.
Cons: It's a mini van
Overall review: I'm a car guy. I have owned a Toyota Celica, Lexus IS, and BMW Z3, but when the 2nd kid got here my wife and I started looking at vans. I keep saying "I can't believe we are considering a van" Now I just wished we would have bought a Sienna with our first child. My wife loves her van
Nice van with 4 WORST TIRES. by JJ North Jersey on 02/17/2006. Trim: 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Space: various space arrangement.
Cons: XLE LIMITED AWD RUN-FLAT TIRES. THE DUNLOP TIRES WORN OUT AROUND 18,000 MILES, AND EACH TIRE COSTS $300. I OWN THIS VAN FOR 2 YEARS, AND I REPLACE ALL TIRES TWICE ALREADY! (I ONLY DRIVE THIS VAN TO THE MARKETS AND SEND KIDS TO SCHOOL.) BOTH TOYOTA AND DUNLOP AWARE THIS PROBLEM BUT THEY ARE NOT THINKING THIS IS THEIR PROBLEM. TOYOTA AND DUNLOP (OWNED BY GOODYEAR) SHOULD FIND A SOLUTION FOR US. DO NOT, DO NOT PICK XLE LIMITED AWD WITH RUN-FLAT TIRES. THEY ARE WORSE THAN ANY TIRES!
Overall review: Good car with 4 REALLY BAD RUN FLAT TIRES. Prepare to allocate $1,200 to $1,600 every year just to replace the run-flat tires.