1995 Ford Ranger

Best Truck to own by far by Dell Anne Raye on 08/15/2012. Trim: 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: There isn't much I've thrown at this old truck that she ain't handled. Runs great very reliable great gas mileage
Cons: could use more cab space
Overall review: Best truck i've ever owned... by far she's got 300k plus miles on her, and she still going
My Baby. by Jennifer on 07/17/2012. Trim: 1995 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the size of this truck. It's not too big & not too small. I also love how it is built "Ford tough". My Ranger has been through some rough patches but it always prevails. I love everything about this truck. I plan on keeping it for years to come. I am a college student who works a low-end job and this truck gets me from A to B. It has GREAT gas mileage for a pickup.
Cons: The air conditioner no longer works but I manage. Also, the gears stick when shifting but that's a minor issue to me.
Overall review: I would reccomend the purchase of this vehicle or any other Ford truck from the 90's to anyone or a new vehicle. Buying Used is ALWAYS the way to go nowadays.
Review ID: #561900 Is this review offensive?
All I can say is WHOA! by Pontiac dweller. on 08/06/2010. Trim: 1995 Ford Ranger XL Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great fuel economy, lot's of power for a small truck, durable, tough, surprisingly good towing capacity. And it's very reliable.
Cons: Small cabin space. I am weigh 235lbs. and I am 6'4'' tall. I can fit inside the truck, but it's just a little bit cramped. Poor acceleration, I have the 2.3L I-4 and the acceleration isn't fast but it will get you to your destination in time. Not the most stylish truck but it's a work truck so you can't expect anything stylish.
Overall review: This is a great truck!! I traded a 73 Chevy truck chassis for the Ranger. The truck had a lot of body damage to it but it did not affect the performance at all. The tailgate was bent into a "V" shaped form because the tip of a crane fell on the truck. And it actually survived!!! This is only a 4-cylinder engine and I've towed up to 5,500lbs on just a hitch ball attached to the bumper! I even towed a mini-van on a car carrier. How my Ranger can do that is way beyond me. All I can say is that the truck has been through a lot of damage and bad treatment, it has over 200k miles and it keeps going and going without any problems. I highly recommend this truck. My Ranger has a 5-Speed Manual transmission so I can't say anything about the automatic.
Still looks very good by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/09/2010. Trim: 1995 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Best vehical i have ever owned
Overall review: what can i say i have over 100,000 miles and it has been trouble free
Buy One. You'll find how relaible a Ford can be. by Mark from Shannon NB on 12/27/2009. Trim: 1995 Ford Ranger XL Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: No problems and very reliable. It is very comfortable. The five speed is a blast to drive. Have had one for eight months, no problems whatsoever, except had to replace muffler, and front shocks. Lots of head room.
Cons: Dislike nothing.
Overall review: Before I bought one, I disliked Fords and did not think they were reliable. However, eight months later I've never had any problems with it, and only had to fix preexisting problems, such as the muffler, and front shocks. My key broke off in the ignition however,but could still start it.(had an other key anyway, so no big deal). I am very satisfied with my Ford Ranger, and strongly recommend it.