2004 Nissan Maxima

Nissan Driven by Satisfied Maxima Owner on 08/13/2007. Trim: 2004 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Can't beat the Performance at this price point; Love merging in this vehicle; Leather interior is very comfortable; Ride is excellent; Rear seat passengers love the top grade luxury vehicle feel of the vehicle; Never had a problem with the dependability of this vehicle, comfortable driving anywhere.
Cons: Standard Goodyears get rid of them; Silly skyroof that does not open; Brakes wear @ a fast rate; Turning Radius is terrible-DO NOT attempt a U-Turn in this vehicle; PAINT JOB IS VERY CHEAP, the thinnnest coat of paint i have ever seen on any vehicle in any price range, A pebble will chip this paint.
Overall review: Overall an excellent vehicle that is very dependable. I have upgraded the interior with woodgrain and changed the grille to make vehicle look more luxurious than off the assembly line. I get a lot of positive comments about car. I will drive this car until the wheels fall off, thats how much i like this vehicle. Heated leather seats and heated steering wheel are lifesavers in New England. Ride was awful with factory Goodyear tires, I changed to General Exclaim UHP and i fell in love with vehicle all over again.
Do Not Buy - Beware of Transmission by Jeff W - Tucson on 08/02/2012. Trim: 2004 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great style but not worth the headaches. Buy another car with similar style.
Cons: Do not buy this car. Nissan knows they have a transmission problem in this years Maxima and would not recall. Do yourself a favor and search "2004 Nissan Maxima Transmission problems".
Overall review: Great looking car but the transmission problem makes the car a nightmare. Beware - Do yourself a favor and search "2004 Nissan Maxima Transmission problems".
Stylish & Fast but not without Problems by KP on 03/21/2005. Trim: 2004 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the exterior and interior looks of the car. It has way more power than expected, lots of get up to it. It is fun to drive and very comfortable in each seat (front and back). I like the moonroof. It is nice for the back seat as well.
Cons: The plastic bumpers are horrible. Car is already chipping paint off the front end. Nissan Srvc wasnt helpful w/ this at all. They told me it was b/c the car must have been touched up by someone previously, and there wasnt anything they could do about it. The Nissan Service Center is not very honest or helpful. I took the car in for bad struts a couple months after I bought it and had to have them replced. It took over two months for them to get the part in. You would think that if you pay this much money for a car, you would be treated a little better from the service/dealership, but I guess not.
Overall review: I love the looks and power of the car, but the other problems and lack of help from the Nissan Service is changing my opinion about their products. They need to do some changing to the vehicle before I would ever buy another one. Steering, quality of bumper-paint, quality of struts (always shakey), exterior noise and Nissan Customer Service Department. IF EACH OF THESE were to improve, I would reccomend it to someone else but not until then.
my favorite car by Pete from Colorado on 03/02/2008. Trim: 2004 Nissan Maxima SL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: lots of creatures comforts, lots of power, handles great, love the car
Cons: turning radious is very wide instument pannel is starting to peal with heat from the sun
Overall review: would buy another one in a heartbeat
Best bang for the buck by Maxzma on 05/27/2005. Trim: 2004 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quick, quiet solid smooth ride. Telescoping steering wheel with drivers entry/exit system. Heated steering wheel and power folding mirrors, roomy interior. Rear spoiler.
Cons: Nothing, not a thing.
Overall review: My one year old 2004 SE is solid and problem free. I love how quick it is. I went from a slow turtle SUV to a speedy hare. I don't spend half my life at the gas station anymore. Love the interior and all it's extra features that you don't get in other cars of this class unless you pay royally. The heated steering wheel and power folding mirrors are just a few of many. The ride is smooth and comfortable and did I mention quick? Love this car.