1995 Ford Explorer

1995 Ford Explorer pictures
1995 Ford Explorer Prices
1995 Ford Explorer Fuel Economy
The Biggest Financial Mistake of My Life by Robert from Seattle on 08/27/2011. Trim: 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Roomy, decent performance. I enjoy driving this car.
Cons: I have owned this vehicle for almost a year now, and there has never not been a major mechanical problem waiting for me to fix it. So far I've replaced the transmission, brake rotor, and front lower ball joints, but it is still having problems. Also, very poor gas mileage.
Overall review: The problems that I have had are common, and one that you should especially keep in mind is the transmission problem. It is very expensive to fix and happens to virtually all Ford Explorers from this time period. Mechanically, the car could have been designed better and will cost you a lot of money to keep up and repair. Add to that the poor fuel economy, and you've got yourself a money pit. Save your money and buy something else.
New 16 year old car. by Tom in Lake Mary, FL on 05/24/2011. Trim: 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: We bought the Explorer New and my wife still loves it, so much she hasn't wanted to replace it. I have offered to buy a high end replacement. No dice so far.
Cons: It is 16 years old.
Overall review: Has been a great car with minor repairs.
Great Family ride by Dee on 03/13/2010. Trim: 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Owned 6 years had 130,000 on it when we purchased it. It now has 225,000. No problems. Routine maintenance every 3000 miles. Has been a good ride, very good family vehicle. I have 3 children and they fit comfortably in the back.
Cons: I have no complaints.
Overall review: Great SUV for what we paid. We have bought another newer one. Hoping it is as good as it's predecessor. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to someone looking for a four wheel drive family mobile.
One Tough Truck by RJM Photography on 12/28/2009. Trim: 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Excellent ride for a vehicle that's over 10 years old (w/127k miles) when I bought it. I can store all of my equipment and still have enough room for passengers.
Cons: I wish fulltime 4WD was standard.
Overall review: The only MAJOR problem that I had is the transmission blew at 148k. Replaced rear breakline, radiator, and coolant controls (...these were existing problems from previous owner). And it has some cosmetic problems (small rust spots -- typical of most Explorers I've observed). Otherwise, this is ONE TOUGH TRUCK.
One great truck fords best by Ron McClenahan Redmond Oregon on 10/13/2009. Trim: 1995 Ford Explorer XL 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: i love my 1995 ford explorer, My truck has 195.000 miles on it , only thing i have done other then oil changes and filters is a water pump at 150.000 miles and a front wheel bearing drivers side front wheel at 155.000 .... I will put the money in to this truck this spring to make sure i get more then 300.000 thousand miles more
Cons: i cant think of anything i dislike about this truck
Overall review: If i had the chance to buy this truck again i would not even think twice of not buying it , its been a great truck i hope to be driving it in 10 years