2004 Audi S4

Southern S4 by Fogman from Greenville, SC on 09/18/2009. Trim: 2004 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Unbelievable handling. This car sticks to the road like glue. Understated styling that doesn't scream "look at me". Quality interior and seating. Fast as a rocket. Push it over 3000 RPM and you are sent into orbit. Deep trunck space, but not extremely wide.
Cons: Harsh ride on imperfect surfaces. Pot holes and road imperfections are not this cars best friends. Not a car for long trips. 1st gear w/the 6 speed manual trans is a bit hard to get used to. Jerky. Seems to be geared too low-almost a granny gear. In 6th gear on the highway at 80 MPH the RPM is 3000 and a bit loud for long drives. Forget drinking your cup of coffee if you want a 6 speed manual transmission. It will end up all over you. Side mirrors have a bad blind spot in them.
Overall review: Great car for short distances especially hilly, curvy roads where you can have some fun with the S4, preferably a smooth road.
Best all around sport sedan by Chuck in Montana on 12/06/2010. Trim: 2004 Audi S4 Sport Sedan with Tiptronic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I owned a BMW M5 (V8, not the V10) before buying the S4. In my mind, the S4 is a superior all round performer, not as quick in a straight line, but no sport-luxury sedan corners better than an S4 in my opinion. I suspect on a tight track, the S4 would win. Recaro seats are better than the M seats, although both are superior seats. Audi controls more intuitive and fall to hand more readily. Outstanding vehicle, especially for the price. My all time favorite (next to my Ducati)
Cons: Wish the exhaust was just a little louder, but it's actually fine.
Overall review: An almost perfect vehicle, great job Audi!
Audi creates another sleeper.... by S4 in West Palm Beach, FL on 07/24/2008. Trim: 2004 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great styling, Great sound and performance, Wonderful Interior, 6 speed manual lets you create good gas milage.
Cons: There is nothing I dislike about the car.
Overall review: I was in the market for either the M3 or an S4. I chose the S4 hands down. Straight v8 wth less maintenance in the long haul as the M3 would need constant check ups since its high rev line. I like the 4 door sedan look, and everyone knows the M3 is a sports car, but the S$ is a sheep in wolves clothing. Fast, Fun, AWD, and a joy to drive. GREAT all around car.
One of the Best Sport Sedans Ever by D on 02/06/2006. Trim: 2004 Audi S4 Sport Sedan with Tiptronic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is probably the best sports sedan short of a 'Benz E55. We traded in our BMW 330i on it, which was also a great car, but didn't have nearly the passing power or the 4wd. I was amazed how aggressive the tiptronic was in "S" mode, although it is nice to have it in "D" for driving around town. It also has the most aggressive "speed sensitive" steering of any car I have owned. The interior is very nice with well thought out controls and a great Bose/ XM stereo.
Cons: One of our wheels chipped after hitting a pot hole seemingly too easily. I also agree with one of the previous posters that the Recaro seats would be a challenge for anyone with any width.
Overall review: A worthy garage-mate to our GT-2 (yes, some of us could have afforded an M-3) ;)
Superb by Pradeep from Boston on 03/23/2005. Trim: 2004 Audi S4 Sport Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Not showy from the exterior, but you know that the performance, quality, etc is nothing short of SUPERB, and that's what counts!
Cons: Gas Mileage, but like another reviewer said "Who cares!"
Overall review: I am thouroghly enjoying this car. I live in the northeast, and was a little concerned as to how it will perform in the wintry condition, but it has been nothing but a joy. Highly recommended - forget the M3