2003 Lexus GX 470

Piece of junk-Lemon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/31/2004. Trim: 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sport Utility, Owned 1 year.
Cons: Drivetrain problem. When a/c is on the car jumps when brake is applied. Car thumps when the brake is released due to the drivetrain problem. Shimmy with brakes. Rotors had to be resurfaced at 10k miles and brake pads were replaced at 25k. Truck is still experiencing the shimmy. DVD headphones are cheap. I had 3 pair thus far. Also, when going over a speed bump, the vehicle sounds like an old 66 chevy. It creaks....
Overall review: Piece of junk
Test Driver
Quality SUV by Mandy on 04/27/2012. Trim: 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sport Utility.
Pros: Sturdy, quality materials, comfortable ride, surprisingly comfortable off roading. Still stylish at almost 12 years old.
Cons: Speaker system weak. Couldn't get the hang of navigation.
Overall review: Driving the Lexus while house sitting. I was never a fan of SUV's because of the driving experience. This one changed my mind. The ride is very comfortable and doesn't have that creaky boat feel of other SUV's. The turning radias is great, very responsive. The seat adjustment memory is fantastic. Off roading felt really easy. The speaker system is weak however, with crackling at higher volumes or any type of bass. The braking is kind of scary, but I think that is just an attribute of SUV's. I tried to use the naviation but found it much easier to just use my cell phone. I'd also like to add that this truck has almost 300,000 miles on it. It starts without hesitation and still drives as if it's brand new.
All LEXUS by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sport Utility, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comforbility, ride height, and power, and the looks are eye catching!!!
Cons: 3rd row seating is more of a novelity for small children, our seats sit in the garage 90% of the time or until we have to car pool the soccer team around.
Overall review: Great car, Great price, looks good, drives good and it's a LEXUS, nothing else needs to be said!!
Luxurious by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/23/2003. Trim: 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sport Utility, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: Luxurious
Competition Zero! by sportnlife on 01/12/2003. Trim: 2003 Lexus GX 470 Sport Utility, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Lexus quality, fit and finish. The navagation system is second to none.
Cons: The color I received was not an accurate representation of the color in the brochure. The ash blue mica is more of a grayish color, but still looked sharp. Rear seats basically useless except for children.
Overall review: Just put my first 100 miles on the GX470. This truck was just what I've been looking for. It has a very good mix of sport and luxury. The way it drives makes you feel that a trip cross country would be as effortless as going to my local Blockbuster. Plenty of room and driver seat adjustments, even for my 6'3" frame. I haven't taken it off road yet but I'm sure that I'll be just as impressed.