2003 Hyundai Accent

2003 Hyundai Accent Prices
2003 Hyundai Accent Fuel Economy
Reliability plus by mark Drayton Ontario Canada on 06/14/2013. Trim: 2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Good cheap reliable transportation. Easy to work on and parts are reasonably priced. Amazing in the snow and ice for a small car.
Cons: Not a lot of room inside for large people.
Overall review: A good investment.
Go get a Toyota. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/17/2013. Trim: 2003 Hyundai Accent GL 3-door, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The Style of it isn't bad and the small size is great with out lacking in room for people and items.
Cons: CONSTANTLY having something fixed. I have to go to the repair shop way too often. I hate the way it accelerates too. I have almost slam on the gas just to leave a red light at around the same speed as everyone else. I'd expect better from a small car.
Overall review: This is if fine car if you want to use it a little each day and don't care if everyone has a chance to jump out in front of you at every red light. It isn't so good if you are going to drive it A LOT.
Review ID: #571911 Is this review offensive?
A Super Reliable Soup Can by Graeme on 07/08/2012. Trim: 2003 Hyundai Accent 3-door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Fuel efficient; simple design makes for simple reliability; handles well; zippy; fun to drive
Cons: lots of road noise; lots of engine noise
Overall review: I purchased my Accent 3 door hatch five years ago when I was a little short on cash. I needed an inexpensive reliable low milage car. (42K km when I bought it and its now just over 120K km). From day one I've never regretted my choice. To date I've never 'repaired' anything. I change the oil every 15,000km as suggested by Hyundai and give it a workshop service every 30,000km. It's no luxury vehicle but its fun to drive if you're not afraid to wind it up a little, its road holding around bends at speed is quite decent, its fuel efficient and its reliable. In years past I've owned a BMW 318i; Alfa Romeo Alfetta; Mazda 626; Honda Civic and a Mercedes 280se among others. Tho many of these cars were more luxurious and probably all of them had better sound insulation, but I can safely say that none have been as trouble free as the 2003 Accent and interestingly, I have as much fun driving it as I did the Alfa or the BMW. But there's lots of road noise so turn up the music.
Hyundai might leave you High un Dry... but for a really cheap car, it's ok by zrryan on 03/26/2012. Trim: 2003 Hyundai Accent 3-door, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's a cheap car, other than being easy to buy, there is nothing to like about this car.
Cons: Everything. It's ugly. The check engine light comes and goes and no Hyundai dealer can figure out why, even after taking hundreds of dollars from me to replace parts at random. Never again...
Overall review: It's a decent, ugly, cheap car that is very affordable. You get what you pay for. And if you are a starving student or one of the "working poor", this car might be just the ticket. Otherwise, get something nicer.
High-quality Reliable City Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/19/2010. Trim: 2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4-Door, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This car has been very reliable; with routine maintenance and inspections, it has never left me stranded (at least not because of faulty design or bad parts). With easy driving habits and 80% highway driving, I often get 36 mpg with it. It's sporty, but don't expect it to race uphill; it's a perfect city car. It's fairly easy to work on. Components under the hood are generally readily accessible, and parts seem reasonable. Fold-down rear seats upgrade the utility of this car, making it able to move long boxes, furniture, and whatnot. Finally, the paint overall has kept its color and shine, despite being in the hot desert sun almost its entire life.
Cons: The transmission had to be replaced around 85,000 miles or so (but it was under warranty at the time); keep an eye on it. The brakes have needed service and adjustment almost annually for the past three years of so (now at 124,000+ miles). The door trim and side mirrors' trim have faded and lost their sheen. And in the back of my mind I wonder how safe it really is, since it's so small....
Overall review: This is a high-quality, reliable economy car great for city driving.