2003 Mazda Mazda6

STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE! by JEAN, FLORIDA (PURCHASED IN RHODE ISLAND PRIOR TO MOVING) on 06/21/2011. Trim: 2003 Mazda Mazda6 i, Owned 8 years.
Pros: LOOKED BEAUTIFUL WHEN PURCHASED
Cons: We have had so many problems with this car it has left me sour on ever buying another Mazda. We purchased it new in 2003, kept up on all regualr maintenance and have had to repair/replace so many parts in this car ranging from electric window buttons to the air conditioning unit I feel we have almost rebuilt it. My husband has owned a Saturn since 1995 and it still purrs like a kitten and has only needed normal wear and tear replacement parts. I think the car industry stopped making the wrong car! I purchased it for $22,000 and swear I have invested close to $7,000 more. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!
Overall review: LOOKS ARE DECEIVING!
Bought mine a year ago and still LOVE it! by Philadelphia, PA on 09/06/2004. Trim: 2003 Mazda Mazda6 i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I tire of things quickly. I always want the newest, best-looking, most stylish item. Well, I bought my 6 one year ago today and I'm still thrilled every time I get in my car. And, since I've put 20,000 miles on it in the last year, I think that means I've been in the car quite a bit. I have never had a problem with the engine, looks, etc. Rides nice and gas mileage is good. 24/gallon. I can deal with that.
Cons: My biggest complaint is the trouble getting an oil change. Apparently, the oil filter is encased inside some contraption and needs to be changed only at the dealer. Subsequently, I haven't had my oil changed as often as I should. I don't live close to a dealer and find it highly inconvenient that I must get it changed there.
Overall review: I love this car. From it's stylish exterior, to the beige leather seats, to the Bose system that keeps me singing! Great car for the 25-35 year old single or family!
Would never own another car by Blaire on 04/02/2009. Trim: 2003 Mazda Mazda6 i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Stands up well to wrecks :) (sad that I know that). I like that the middle back seat has shoulder strap avaliable. Automatic has option of the semi manual. My finacee enjoys that however I refrain from using it.
Cons: I never had an issue with my first one and the only thing with the new one is I've had to get new tires due to high mileage.
Overall review: My first "new" car was a 2003 Mazda 6 (red) I LOVED it! I had it about a year and a half and it was totaled. Stood up VERY well to high impact wreck. Driver was not injured, only front end was crushed, windows did not even shatter. I would have never gotten rid of that car. After owning a Ford SUV for 2 years after that I decided it was back to the trusty Mazda. I was able to find almost the exact same car as my first one. 2003 model Mazda 6 but in blue (that was the color I wanted the first time around but the dealership didnt have one and I didnt want to wait). The new one doesnt have power seats but still excellent car. Have been in one accident (not my fault) with minimal damage to rear drvier side. Car still drives perfectly though!
My Mazda 6 by Lewberry on 09/03/2004. Trim: 2003 Mazda Mazda6 s, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the style and how it handles on the road. Gas mileage is good.
Cons: At 8800 miles the rotors had to be turned. Dealer tried to tell me this is normal. At 9400 miles the cooling fan went beserk. They replaced the cooling fan but that did not correct the problem. I am taking the car to another Mazda dealer. Their representative was familiar with the problem and says it's a control module. These are the only major I problems I've had so far.
Overall review: I had a Mazda 626 before the Mazda 6s. I had no problems with it.I will not rule out buying another Mazda but I would caution buying a 2003 Mazda 6 without reviewing repair logs.
Impressive, but there is room for improvement by Moe from Colorado Springs, Colorado on 07/27/2004. Trim: 2003 Mazda Mazda6 i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great looking car. I wish I had a Dollar every time somebody asked if I was driving a BMW or an Acura. Smooth handling and excellent response. Very comfortable interior and awsome Bose sound system.
Cons: Some hesitation when driving, the V6 version should fix the problem. Suspension not reliable (at least with my car).Could use more padding on the floor to reduce road noise.
Overall review: Suspension problems keeps me from giving it a 10.