2003 Mitsubishi Montero

Dependable and Reliable Montero by Nick on 02/26/2011. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Excellent on/off road vehicle. With All Terrain tires and traction control system, I barely use 4x4 while driving on snowy road condition. Ride and handling is also excellent for an SUV. Clear view through driver seat makes parking and maneuvering through tight and busy streets enjoyable. Dependable and reliable truck. I enjoy driving this truck more then my Toyota truck.
Cons: Gas mileage which is same as other mid/large size SUV models. I still have not put this truck under extreme off road capabilities such as rock climbing because my wife wont let me :-(. It's her truck and I have to steal it from her for light off roading and returning it back all washed up :-).
Overall review: I see that people complain about V6 engine not having enough power and prefer V8 instead. I think these people miss the rumbling sound of V8 exhaust mainly. I have taken this SUV on/off road, up and down the mountain, through corners and zipping through city driving with no issues. It has quick pickup if you use recommended premium gas. I bought mine at 5K miles on it and today it has 114K miles and still drives like the day I bought it. All I have done so far is performed regular scheduled maintenance. This truck has been driven between San Diego and Vancouver Canada in snowy winter and scorching summer weather without giving us any problems. You feel safe driving it. I highly recommend this SUV if you can find one. It's becoming a rare vehicle unless it's re-introduced back in the US but, you can always pick one up from Canada I think.
Good all around SUV by ace on 07/02/2008. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is a very dependable vehicle, you can feel the smoothness of the drivetrain. It reminds me of previous Lexus quality cars that I owned. We have had no problems with 4 years of driving. My wife likes it because she can get the power seat higher than most SUV's to see the road. We get about 19MPG on regular, not bad for 4X4. More storage than most SUV's.
Cons: Not as comfortable as my Escalade seats, but nice for price.
Overall review: Very good vehicle for city or highway driving, also goes through snow without a problem.
HARD TO LET GO by Heather on 11/21/2008. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: LOVE HOW I FEEL SAFE IN THIS TRUCK. DRIVES SMOOTHLY.
Cons: NO STORAGE IN BACK, WIERD SHAPE BACK THERE, SMALL 3RD SEAT, NO LEG ROOM, I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN LEATHER SEATS
Overall review: GREAT, DRIVES SMOOTH, GREAT ON GAS, TRADING IT IN FOR A 2004 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY HOPE I GET AS GOOD OF A VEHICLE WITH IT......IT HAS SAME STYLE BUT MORE BELLS AND WHISTLES........
I still love it by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/25/2008. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's great in trip and excellent off road. My teenage daughters love it. You feel the power even though is not a huge truck
Cons: If not as smooth as a mini van
Overall review: I will keep my montero until no longer drive. Don't care is gas prices goes up. I feel secure.
The world's best SUV by Hemantha on 01/04/2008. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is a really nice, steady and reliable truck
Cons: The dealership is not doing good in this vehicle in Canada unlike US and Europe.
Overall review: Very comfortable and reliable SUV