2003 Mitsubishi Outlander

Happily Suprised by Rush from KY on 12/16/2002. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought it for my wife. She thinks it is cute. I have been pleasently suprised. It has more power than I expected and is roomier than the outside would suggest. A V6 would be nice but the 4 has plenty of power for everyday driving. If you complain about it's towing or hauling capacity you need to be looking for a big SUV or truck, not a compact. A good cost effeicent buy for staying out of a mini-van or station wagon.
Cons: We got the bright blue (cute) and the paint seems kind of soft. Somebody has already bumped it with a door and it caused a larger scratch than it should've. It has a 10 year warrenty on the paint which comforts me.
Overall review: If you are looking for a pack horse or a tank go somewhere else. It is a good vehicle for what it is. It is silly to compare it to vehicles in other classes. For those of you who complain about it not being a "real SUV" how many of you even use a "real SUV" for anything other than a mini-van anyway. (I include myself)
Outstanding value/drive by Atlanta on 11/03/2003. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A fantastic SUV with an even better price. Overall, I am very pleased.
Overall review: A good value and plenty of power. Outstanding mileage and performance
Heads Turn and I Grin!! by Shiro From Akron on 07/16/2003. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: When I looked at other similar vehicles, there was just something missing... until I hopped into an Outlander. I took it for a spin and loved the ride height, well appointed interior, solid construction, and the styling. I was pressured into buying the XLS AWD, but selected the LS AWD instead. It has everything I need... everything! LOVE IT!!
Cons: Anemic acceleration when passing at highway speeds... and uh... uh... hmmm... excuse me as I get nit-picky for a moment. The air conditioner is a bit fickle and kicks in and out when you idle the car. The Yokohoma Geolander tires that it came with are very soft. Traction B, Temperature A, Treadwear 180. I haven't ever seen a tire with a temp. rating higher than the traction rating. I guess I shouldn't complain because these tire stick to the road pretty well, but with a treadwear value of only 180, I don't think they will last to see the next summer.
Overall review: I am going to try to be brief, but there are so many reasons why I love this CUTE-UTE!! The week after I bought this vehicle, a Lexus SUV owner asked, "What kind of car is this?" She peeked inside and said she was quite impressed and maybe paid too much for her car. When traveling around in Ohio, I get so many people looking at my car wondering what it is. Mitsubishi should have marketed this car a bit better than it did. I have owned my car for 4 months and already put 11k miles on it! Trouble free. I only use Synthetic Oil and 89 octane. It is a good vehicle to take on a long haul as the interior is really well appointed and quite comfortable. This is a wonderful car and I totally love it! I was always partial to Toyotas but Mitsubishi has a good thing here. I bought this car with the intention of just satisfying my bachelor lifestyle, but I think it will be around for many years to come as I transition into (dare I say) marriage and family material!!
A Great Buy by First Sport-ute from Chicago on 01/26/2003. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Third Mitsubishi and still loyal.Fun to drive. Great value for the money. Sporty looking. Same alloy wheels as the Lexus RS300 and probably half the price. Love the autostick. It is great to have several positions to adjust the back seats. NO BLINDSPOTS. I love the drivers seat height in relation to the view of the road. I do not feel like I am in a truck.
Cons: Hopefully one day the engineers will reposition where they place the side mirror adjustment switches. A little too much lumbar support; I wish I could adjust that. I wish both the side mirror adjustment buttons & cruise control buttons were lit up at nite to see them. A little tight to adjust the seat height with the driver side door closed.
Overall review: I reccommend it. As close to stick shift in a sport ute as you will get with the feel of it. Maybe one day they will make it in a five speed manual which would be my ideal vehicle. Go get one today. It is a well kept secret. I am surprised I do not see more out on the road. I can't wait to use the AWD (this is my first all wheel drive vehicle).
All Eyes On Me by Michelle, Rome, GA on 01/03/2003. Trim: 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle. When I first took it on a test drive I fell in love with it. I was never crazy about SUV's until I saw this one and I just had to have it. I absolutely fell in love with it!!!!!!!! The lights really set it off, it gives this SUV a sophisticated look...... I must admit when I drive by, "ALL EYES ARE ON ME"!!!!!!!!!
Cons: I can't find anything that I dislike about this vehicle.
Overall review: I love it and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.